Note: Please bear in mind that this is a discussion board, not a place to advertise childcare vacancies or recruit childminders/nannies etc. We don't mind the odd mumsnet regular mentioning that they're looking for a job/mindee (although you're probably better off in MN Local) but repeated job "ads" and posts from nanny/babysitting agencies aren't fair to people who are paying for small business ads. Do feel free to report any you see. Thanks, MNHQ.

Tonsilitis - how long until mindee cm come back?

(8 Posts)
fivesacrowd Thu 19-Sep-13 18:09:48

Mindee just been diagnosed with tonsilitis. Does anyone know how long I have to exclude them and do I need to notify other parents?

I dont think there is an exclusion period for tonsillitis. HPA says no need to exclude

AnneUulmelmahay Thu 19-Sep-13 18:16:51

No exclusion recommended by HPA (google hpa guidance on infection control.in schools and other childcare settings) No notification to other parents is required

However, DO invoke your sickness policy, eg if chid not well enough to participate in daily activities then they don't come

AnneUulmelmahay Thu 19-Sep-13 18:17:18

Hi five powerhoop

www.hpa.org.uk/web/HPAweb&HPAwebStandard/HPAweb_C/1203496946639 link on here with exclusion periods for all sorts of illnesses. grin to pp for x-post

fivesacrowd Thu 19-Sep-13 18:20:18

Just checked it out on health protection Scotland website. He doesn't need to be excluded, but think he's really miserable with it and other mindee tomorrow is really full on so think he's going to have a quiet day with mum instead.

AnneUulmelmahay Thu 19-Sep-13 18:23:17

Oh arses I always flipping forget to ask 'which country are you in' <smacks self over head with a kipper>

fivesacrowd Fri 20-Sep-13 09:37:50

No worries AnneUulmelmahay expect its pretty much the same all over anyway - though scswis keep changing rules to make sure we're paying attention wink

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now