This topic is for discussing childcare options. If you want to advertise, please use your Local site.

Best way to find a childminder?

(7 Posts)
hado Wed 11-Sep-13 19:39:58

Hello

I'm looking to find a childminder in Worthing for my son. All the on-line sites I can find charge a fee to contact childminders. Does anyone know any sites that don't charge or any other good way to find a childminder?

Thanks

bettybyebye Wed 11-Sep-13 19:43:05

Contact the families information service at your local council. They will be able to send you a list of all the childminders in your area, and can search for specific criteria eg accepts child care vouchers. The list they send will provide contact details for you to contact the childminders directly.

hado Wed 11-Sep-13 20:00:38

Great, thank you

IwishIwasmoreorganised Wed 11-Sep-13 20:02:03

Ask friends who use child minders for recommendations and also for any bad experiences.

I always used our family information service as a starting point - Google family information service and your local councils name.

minderjinx Sat 14-Sep-13 12:25:25

I agree that your local authority is a good starting point, but where I think the websites score is that they put people actively seeking childcare in touch with carers actively seeking families. If you are very specific in your own profile about what you want (numbers/ages/gender of children, days/hours, any pickups required. any special requirements such as dietary) you may well find that childminders who fit the bill will contact you, as many childcare professionals are likely to be paying members of these sites, such as childcare.co.uk, but may not have time to contact everyone (especially those who give no clues what they are looking for). You can signal your own interest by saving any you like the look of as a favourite, which they will be notified about. HTH!

lovelynannytobe Sat 14-Sep-13 12:58:20

A bit of googling and there you go.

stomp Sat 14-Sep-13 19:35:05

Magic minders. Worthing has a childminding group with a vacancy co-ordinator.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now