This topic is for discussing childcare options. If you want to advertise, please use your Local site.

Best way to do contracts for a nannyshare?

(6 Posts)
Quangle Mon 19-Aug-13 21:52:46

I'm sure this has been done but can't find anything obvious. I'm just about to start doing a nanny share with my nanny of six years. My children are school age now so the nanny will do pick up and after school for me and in the day will be looking after my neighbour's new baby. We've done a trial and it went well and we've worked out what we will each pay and everyone is happy so will be making it formal.

Basically, is it best to do this as two employments or one? I can see pros and cons to both ways and I'm not sure what's the right way forward. Grateful for any experience or knowledge.

Quangle Tue 20-Aug-13 13:43:58

bumping myself for daytime traffic.

maja00 Tue 20-Aug-13 13:46:22

It's one employment - not sure how you would do it as two employments, as you'd still have to synchronise holidays etc?

apotomak Tue 20-Aug-13 15:27:47

Is she looking after the baby the same time she's looking after your children?

nannynick Tue 20-Aug-13 17:34:52

Are you using a nanny payroll company, if so they will be able to advise. I think there may be an Employers NI saving having it as two employers.

If your share will be over £10,000 then may be best you remaining primary employer and the other family being secondary using BR taxcode.

Quangle Tue 20-Aug-13 20:47:37

Thank you. Yes I use taxnanny for payroll so I will seek their advice. Yes I will pay more than 10k per year as will other family. And yes often my nanny will have the baby while doing the three hrs after school.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now