Note: Please bear in mind that this is a discussion board, not a place to advertise childcare vacancies or recruit childminders/nannies etc. We don't mind the odd mumsnet regular mentioning that they're looking for a job/mindee (although you're probably better off in MN Local) but repeated job "ads" and posts from nanny/babysitting agencies aren't fair to people who are paying for small business ads. Do feel free to report any you see. Thanks, MNHQ.

Thinking of employing a nanny

(5 Posts)
susiey Mon 19-Aug-13 21:20:23

So I am changing jobs which unfortunately means a change of childcare from my lovely cm .

Looking at the practicalities I have 4 children 2 at school and school runs done by my DH. So that leaves 2 children age nearly 3 and 16 months who need 2 days childcare a week.I also only work. School terms so ideally would like term time only .we are based in north London. From 8.30 - 5.30 ( or 3.30 if that works better)

Do you think this is a viable job?will anyone want it?

eeyore12 Tue 20-Aug-13 13:40:04

You may find a nanny who works the other 3 days and would like to do 5 days term time and have the 2 days free in the hols. Don't forget they will have holiday entitlement to which you can say has to be taken in the holidays so you will need to pay them for a little of the holidays a there holiday days/pay.

nannynewo Tue 20-Aug-13 22:49:06

This may suit a student studying childcare? It will be great for them as they can get up to date experience while suiting your needs because it is term time only.

Strix Wed 21-Aug-13 08:25:40

Why do you think a nanny is better suited to this role than another CM? Or a nursery?

susiey Fri 23-Aug-13 19:14:38

Thanks for all your help. The reason a nanny is better suited us simply the cost factor it's cheaper to have a nanny than a cm or nursery!
We may have solved our problem though as we know someone who needs after school and holidays and they want to keep their current nanny if possible.so it might just work out. They already use a nanny tax firm so we can join the same one fingers crossed!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now