This topic is for discussing childcare options. If you want to advertise, please use your Local site.

After-nursery care - six hours a week

(7 Posts)
LadyLB Sun 18-Aug-13 19:57:33

I have something of a (now time sensitive) conundrum...

My two year old is due to start Montessori in a few weeks, for two days a week, Tues and Thurs, finishing at 15.15.

On these days we both work and need somebody to look after him until 18.30.

The nursery is a fair distance from our house and the logistics are proving very difficult (this includes offering a return cab for his current childminder on the days he's at nursery, which she can't do as has another little-ee she cares for and can't bundle them into a taxi).

I won't hark on about the other routes and wondered if anybody has any clever ideas about how the blinking flip we're going to make this work!

Much appreciated.

Lucy

missmapp Sun 18-Aug-13 22:44:41

Could you find a cm close to the nursery, so they can collect? Can't see how you can get dc to current cm unless one of you can leave work for the transfer or you have a willing friend.

Good luck, childcare can be a real pain.

MaryPoppinsBag Sun 18-Aug-13 23:20:10

Yes CM near the nursery is probably the best idea.

LadyLB Mon 19-Aug-13 08:32:42

Thank you. We have had a stab at this route but I will revisit it again with fresh eyes. :-)

MissWimpyDimple Mon 19-Aug-13 08:34:26

Find a nursery nearer home and current CM? Would probably mean DC would make local friends which is great for starting school next year.

pinkdelight Mon 19-Aug-13 09:09:48

It does sound very tricky. Reminds me of the hoops I jumped through to send DC1 to nursery when he was 3.5, and looking back I should've just kept him at CM. Is there a special reason to send your DC to nursery now? Those sound like pre-school hours. Can't it wait another year at least?

Have you asked the nursery whether anyone would like to look after your DS after nursery - as a PT nanny? It would probably be expensive compared to a CM, but I have certainly heard of people doing this.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now