Note: Please bear in mind that this is a discussion board, not a place to advertise childcare vacancies or recruit childminders/nannies etc. We don't mind the odd mumsnet regular mentioning that they're looking for a job/mindee (although you're probably better off in MN Local) but repeated job "ads" and posts from nanny/babysitting agencies aren't fair to people who are paying for small business ads. Do feel free to report any you see. Thanks, MNHQ.

Silly CM question...

(8 Posts)
AugustaCarp Sat 17-Aug-13 18:34:27

DD starts with her CM soon when she'll be 11 months. Should I sew name tags into her clothes??

breakingup Sat 17-Aug-13 18:35:54

No I don't think you need to do that grin

Runoutofideas Sat 17-Aug-13 18:44:49

No it is not necessary - unless another child has exactly the same coat or shoes! I did in fact have 2 children with the same shoes, in the same size, so the parents did end up naming them!

Shesparkles Sat 17-Aug-13 18:46:32

I would with coats or cardigans that are likely to come off if the CM goes to toddler groups

mamamaisie Sat 17-Aug-13 22:20:23

No, I don't think you need to do that, but do send her in shoes that she can't kick off her feet. I live in dread of the inevitable lost shoes that always fall out of the buggy. smile

Twinklestarstwinklestars Sun 18-Aug-13 09:25:10

I would love if my parents did that, I can't always remember what jumpers etc everyone was wearing every day so its much easier, I do it with my ds' stuff even when little in case I leave one at toddlers or anywhere. I like the iron in ones from mynametags they last ages.

HSMMaCM Sun 18-Aug-13 18:33:43

You don't have to, but I would love it if parents did. Like Twinkle, I end up with a pile of jumpers at the end of the day and can't remember which is which. I also put name tags in all their shoes, because even if another mindee doesn't have the same shoes, you can be sure someone else at toddlers will.

ChippingInHopHopHop Sun 18-Aug-13 18:37:01

Only if your CM will have another one the same size - if not, no need smile

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now