This topic is for discussing childcare options. If you want to advertise, please use your Local site.

Nanny Payroll

(11 Posts)
MildDrPepperAddiction Tue 13-Aug-13 11:53:17

After many weeks of looking we have found a lovely nanny to look after our children.
Now comes all the lovely paperwork! Can anyone recommend a payroll service?

Do they just calculate the amount and you still need to pay the nanny and the national insurance etc or are there services where they look after all of that?

Thanks

EasterHoliday Tue 13-Aug-13 11:58:54

PAYE for nannies. Lovely people, so patient with the clueless (ie me) and they have a legal helpline service thing too. THey generate the payslip and calculate amounts but yes of course you have to pay it. Can't see how a service will take money from your account and pay nanny?

MildDrPepperAddiction Tue 13-Aug-13 12:00:03

Thanks Easter. This is our first experience with this type of childcare so totally clueless!

nannynick Tue 13-Aug-13 19:33:13

As a nanny, PAYE for Nannies has done my payslips for many years.
They can't pay for you but they will send you letters telling you how much to pay HMRC and how to pay it and timescale of paying it.

If you have not already done so, agree a gross salary with your nanny and agree to pay monthly.

minipie Tue 13-Aug-13 22:19:49

hi nanny nick, just wondering why you're saying pay monthly rather than weekly? is it just because the payroll services charge more for weekly payslips? My soon to be nanny will be doing two days a week to start then 4 days a week so thought weekly pay would be easier rather than having to change the amount.

minipie Tue 13-Aug-13 22:20:08

ps sorry OP for the hijack!

NomDeClavier Tue 13-Aug-13 23:36:10

minipie I suspect the reason is linked to RTI reporting....

nannynick Wed 14-Aug-13 14:55:12

less admin fee. Monthly pay will cost less to administer. Talk to payroll company with regard to costs.

AmandaPandtheTantrumofDoom Wed 14-Aug-13 14:58:45

We used PAYE for nannies as well.

They can't do the payments for you because it's not their bank account the money is coming from! But they send you a slip with the exact amount and they tell you exactly when to pay tax and do everything with HMRC for you.

I would always pay monthly too. Not least because you are probably paid monthly, so if you arrange things so that your nanny is paid a day or two after you are, you can be clear where you are with childcare. Also the obvious thing about payroll charges.

VicSussex Fri 16-Aug-13 09:12:20

Payroll has just got a whole lot more complicated, with RTI (Real Time Information). From next April, there are fines associated, and you should bear that in mind when deciding on your pay frequency. You have potential fines of £5,200 PA if you pay weekly or £1,200 PA if you pay monthly. Changing the amount you pay your nanny is not an issue. I do payroll for nannies at The Office Concept.

minipie Fri 16-Aug-13 09:49:04

ok cool thanks. if they can change the amount easily then i'll pay monthly.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now