This topic is for discussing childcare options. If you want to advertise, please use your Local site.

getting our new nanny ofsted registered

(5 Posts)
nannynick Tue 23-Jul-13 19:20:08

There is a guide on how to complete the application form on my website. nannynick.com
They do change how things are done from time to time, DBS checks are the newest change to my knowledge.

NomDeClavier Mon 22-Jul-13 23:27:42

First she needs to make sure she has:
Paeds first aid
A qualification or common core certificate
Nanny insurance

She then needs to go to the government gateway site and register an account (you can probably do this for her) and apply for a new DBS check because OFSTED no longer do them.

Victoria2002 Mon 22-Jul-13 22:57:09

Welcome to the world of Ofsted (sorry, not helpful I know, but I find them really disorganised, often give you wrong info and not user-friendly at all).

MaryPoppinsBag Mon 22-Jul-13 22:27:22

Can't you do it on paper?
I had a paper copy when I applied to be a childminder.

lu9months Mon 22-Jul-13 22:05:09

she is an older lady and not very computer literate. we have asked her to get registered so we can use childcare vouchers. she has the first aid certificate and crb check. she is struggling and has asked for my help with this. i have to say it is very confusing on the website, and i cant seem to talk on the phone to anyone. can somebody offer advice please?

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now