This topic is for discussing childcare options. If you want to advertise, please use your Local site.

Leaving gift for childminder (not vouchers)

(8 Posts)

For Christmas 2 of my mindees bought me a teapot and new cup so that I would remember them on a weekend!

You could go to one of the paint your own pot places and get the kids to decorate a mug then pop some nice chocolates into it

Groovee Tue 23-Jul-13 13:30:07

My childminder adores red wine. I reckon I'll be hunting down some things next year related to this as we'll be leaving after 9 years.

fivesacrowd Tue 23-Jul-13 13:28:14

I was given a really nice silver necklace with a card saying how much they'd miss me and that they hoped I'd think of them every time I wore it. Really sweet and meant a lot to me.

HSMMaCM Mon 22-Jul-13 22:26:23

Bottle of wine and a bar of chocolate ?

doughnut44 Mon 22-Jul-13 22:23:08

I love garden ornaments. - the children get pleasure out of them too. I got a set of Russian dolls last year - fab x

looselegs Mon 22-Jul-13 13:09:23

Ahhhh what a lovely thought! Us childminders are always pleased with what we get as its so nice to be appreciated,but I especially like something that I can keep or that the children have made.Does she have any particular hobbies that she likes to do,or a particular shop that she likes that you could buy from? A plant for the garden?(I was given a beautiful hydrangea last year)>One of my mindees left last week and he gave me a bottle of wine ("cos i know you like it" !!) and one of the lovely Willow tree figurines called Beautiful Wishes which I now have on my mantelpiece.
Whatever you get,I'm sure she'll be over the moon with.

forevermore Mon 22-Jul-13 12:37:07

Must add I have been generally very pleased with the care she has provided.

forevermore Mon 22-Jul-13 12:36:31

Really stuck as to why to get a 30 something childminder as a leaving gift (we have given notice). She has cared for my two children for Over 2 years! Any advice welcome.....smile

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now