Note: Please bear in mind that this is a discussion board, not a place to advertise childcare vacancies or recruit childminders/nannies etc. We don't mind the odd mumsnet regular mentioning that they're looking for a job/mindee (although you're probably better off in MN Local) but repeated job "ads" and posts from nanny/babysitting agencies aren't fair to people who are paying for small business ads. Do feel free to report any you see. Thanks, MNHQ.

Leaving gift for childminder (not vouchers)

(8 Posts)

For Christmas 2 of my mindees bought me a teapot and new cup so that I would remember them on a weekend!

You could go to one of the paint your own pot places and get the kids to decorate a mug then pop some nice chocolates into it

Groovee Tue 23-Jul-13 13:30:07

My childminder adores red wine. I reckon I'll be hunting down some things next year related to this as we'll be leaving after 9 years.

fivesacrowd Tue 23-Jul-13 13:28:14

I was given a really nice silver necklace with a card saying how much they'd miss me and that they hoped I'd think of them every time I wore it. Really sweet and meant a lot to me.

HSMMaCM Mon 22-Jul-13 22:26:23

Bottle of wine and a bar of chocolate ?

doughnut44 Mon 22-Jul-13 22:23:08

I love garden ornaments. - the children get pleasure out of them too. I got a set of Russian dolls last year - fab x

looselegs Mon 22-Jul-13 13:09:23

Ahhhh what a lovely thought! Us childminders are always pleased with what we get as its so nice to be appreciated,but I especially like something that I can keep or that the children have made.Does she have any particular hobbies that she likes to do,or a particular shop that she likes that you could buy from? A plant for the garden?(I was given a beautiful hydrangea last year)>One of my mindees left last week and he gave me a bottle of wine ("cos i know you like it" !!) and one of the lovely Willow tree figurines called Beautiful Wishes which I now have on my mantelpiece.
Whatever you get,I'm sure she'll be over the moon with.

forevermore Mon 22-Jul-13 12:37:07

Must add I have been generally very pleased with the care she has provided.

forevermore Mon 22-Jul-13 12:36:31

Really stuck as to why to get a 30 something childminder as a leaving gift (we have given notice). She has cared for my two children for Over 2 years! Any advice welcome.....smile

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now