Note: Please bear in mind that this is a discussion board, not a place to advertise childcare vacancies or recruit childminders/nannies etc. We don't mind the odd mumsnet regular mentioning that they're looking for a job/mindee (although you're probably better off in MN Local) but repeated job "ads" and posts from nanny/babysitting agencies aren't fair to people who are paying for small business ads. Do feel free to report any you see. Thanks, MNHQ.

limit to number of families/kids for a nanny?

(3 Posts)
nannynick Wed 17-Jul-13 16:50:39

Nanny insurance often limits to 6 children.

Childcare Act 2006 limits it to 2 families at the same time otherwise childminder regulations apply. Makes no mention of nanny having their own child/children so hard to know if children from 2 families plus your own is a breach or not. 3 families plus your own is definately a breach in my view.

NomDeClavier Wed 17-Jul-13 16:14:15

Not for more than 2 hours per day - more than 2 families requires registration under the Childcare Act.

Your insurance will probably cover you for up to 12 but again from 2 families, although your insurance doesn't affect your son as you wouldn't be suing yourself.

glitternanny Wed 17-Jul-13 15:00:27

ive been approached by a family wanting me to add their 2 children to a nanny share im already doing. Leaving me with 5 children from 3 families and also own son

is this possible with ofsted/insurance regulations

it would just be after school twice a week.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now