This topic is for discussing childcare options. If you want to advertise, please use your Local site.

How much to charge for unsociable hours!

(7 Posts)
Jollyolly Mon 15-Jul-13 17:27:35

My partner works shifts, so it would depend on what hours his doing on those days. But that's a good idea and something worth considering I guess smile My partner gets lots of holidays and days off work which are allocated in advance, so there will be times when my son wouldn't have to come with me.

Wickedgirl Mon 15-Jul-13 11:36:33

Would your partner be able to pick your little one up from you at 7or 8pm?

I have a job like this once. The children all ate together, bathed together, brushed teeth and had a bedtime story. My husband would pick my 2 up and take them home to bed while I stayed a few more hours at work. It worked really well.

Jollyolly Mon 15-Jul-13 10:42:29

Nannynick, I've not directly spoken to the person who requires the childcare, as my friend recently told me about their childcare requirements, so I'm still waiting to hear back from her before making any decisions. But thank you both for your feedback.

Jollyolly Mon 15-Jul-13 10:10:54

That's the problem, I would have to get my son up at 1am and take him home in the car which isn't ideal. I'd be looking after the child in their home, so it would only be my son I'm getting up. But I'm only considering it because it's a friend of a friend and would only do it if it's worth my while.

nannynick Mon 15-Jul-13 10:07:44

Could be lower pay than daytime as its more like babysitting, kids asleep.
Don't think it will work well taking your son, brining him home at 1am will disturb his sleep. Also it will restrict getting a daytime job unless you find one that ends by say 5pm.

If salary was say 10 gross, then 70x3=210 so the family will need to do payroll, deduct tax/ni and pay emp NI. Does the family realise that and taken account of what the total cost is likely to be? On the plus side for them, there are unlikely to be any activity budget or mileage payments.

sweetsummerlove Mon 15-Jul-13 09:27:49

Obviously as a nanny you don't charge. You look for a certain amount, They offer...you agree together. The thing is they might be unsociable but the kids will be asleep so unless you are leaving at 1am and thus its a real pain..I can't see you'll be getting more than usual but I might be wrong. Would you take your son? that would be very awkward putting them in the car at 1am and taking them home? x

Jollyolly Mon 15-Jul-13 08:52:27

I'm looking for a nanny job which would involve bringing my son with me to work (most days) and heard from a friend that she knows someone who is looking for a evening nanny; 6pm to 1am, 3 days a week.

It's not really the kind of hours I'm looking for, however, I am considering it. The only thing I wanted to know is; how much would you look to charge for these hours?

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now