This topic is for discussing childcare options. If you want to advertise, please use your Local site.

Overnight childcare - what options?

(8 Posts)
spekulatius Fri 28-Jun-13 10:37:04

What options are available for overnight childcare for a baby? One night every 3 weeks. Our childminder doesn't do overnight. Should we look for a second childminder to cover that night or ask around friends. Will be a Sunday night though. Are there any other options? TIA

Wickedgirl Fri 28-Jun-13 10:42:04

where are you based? there may be someone here who can help you.

you could try looking for a night nanny on gumtree or childcare.co.uk

spekulatius Fri 28-Jun-13 10:46:44

I'm in Ipswich, Suffolk.

blueberryupsidedown Fri 28-Jun-13 12:09:18

I would try a family member or close friend. You might struggle to find a childminder who would do this on a Sunday night.

HSMMaCM Fri 28-Jun-13 12:26:04

I do, but I don't live anywhere near you and a Sunday night would be double time.

maja00 Fri 28-Jun-13 12:58:47

Advertise on childcare.co.uk or gumtree with an occasional overnight babysitter. I see those kind of jobs advertised fairly regularly.

ReetPetit Fri 28-Jun-13 14:31:17

you may be lucky and find someone who is looking to earn a bit of extra cash - childcare.co.uk is probably the place to look.

can't see many cms being up for this tbh, especially on a sunday night... you would be looking at paying double time too.

Maybe a new one, who isn't yet tired wink or one who is having trouble finding mindees.

I would think best bet is to ask family or see if you can find someone to come to your home - better for your baby I would think.

NomDeClavier Sat 29-Jun-13 13:23:26

Nannies may be happy to do this but it would depend what time the finish on Monday morning was.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now