Note: Please bear in mind that this is a discussion board, not a place to advertise childcare vacancies or recruit childminders/nannies etc. We don't mind the odd mumsnet regular mentioning that they're looking for a job/mindee (although you're probably better off in MN Local) but repeated job "ads" and posts from nanny/babysitting agencies aren't fair to people who are paying for small business ads. Do feel free to report any you see. Thanks, MNHQ.

Childcare vouchers

(3 Posts)
Woofsaidtheladybird Thu 27-Jun-13 19:38:30

Helloo
Just after a bit of advice from any childminders out there.
I'm looking for childcare for Ds from September, when he'll be 21 months. Dd will be starting reception, and I'll be starting a new job. I'm toying between a nursery or a childminder. So far childminder is winning, and I saw a lovely lady today. Now dd's previous nursery and current preschool take childcare vouchers (dh's work) - my new work will do the scheme too. Do childminders generally accept these? I raised it today and she wasn't sure. And how about the free 15 hours once the child turns 3?
Thanks in advance smile

happydazed Thu 27-Jun-13 21:20:48

childminders can take childcare vouchers, you just need their ofsted registration number, and they will need to register with the voucher provider, they all work slightly differently usually just a simple online form.

as for the free hours only an accredited childminder can provide them, I think it depends on the area what they need to do my council requires an nvq, a good ofsted rating and a short course and inspection to become accredited.

Woofsaidtheladybird Fri 28-Jun-13 12:58:16

Thanks happy thats really helpful. Potential childminder has quals up to her armpits and an outstanding ofsted. I'll have a chat with her. Thanks for your help smile

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now