This topic is for discussing childcare options. If you want to advertise, please use your Local site.

Sorry. Another ofsted question (CM)

(4 Posts)
topoftheladder Tue 25-Jun-13 20:27:19

If you have looked after an eyfs child on a non regular basis (just a few days), do you need contract, permissions etc?

Maryann1975 Tue 25-Jun-13 22:13:36

I would say probably yes. Having said that, I have looked after friends children for a couple of hours here and there without official paperwork in the past. I guess it depends how non regular, eg, is it likely just to be twice ever, or if it is going to be one a fortnight for the next 12 months. In the first instance, no, but if its going to be semi permenant then I would say yes. I think ncma do short term contracts, but not sure if they cover ad hoc days or just an actual short term agreement?

Twinklestarstwinklestars Wed 26-Jun-13 01:41:17

I would say yes to permissions as you must have done trips out/school runs/parks etc with them and medical permission may have been needed.

Runoutofideas Wed 26-Jun-13 18:26:02

I am about to look after a child, once a week for the next 3 weeks. I haven't used a "proper" contract for him, but I do have my form filled in which has emergency contact details, allergy, health and doctors info, and permissions. I also have email confirmation of all the arrangements, so something is in writing regarding cost/hours etc.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now