Note: Please bear in mind that this is a discussion board, not a place to advertise childcare vacancies or recruit childminders/nannies etc. We don't mind the odd mumsnet regular mentioning that they're looking for a job/mindee (although you're probably better off in MN Local) but repeated job "ads" and posts from nanny/babysitting agencies aren't fair to people who are paying for small business ads. Do feel free to report any you see. Thanks, MNHQ.

Sorry. Another ofsted question (CM)

(4 Posts)
topoftheladder Tue 25-Jun-13 20:27:19

If you have looked after an eyfs child on a non regular basis (just a few days), do you need contract, permissions etc?

Maryann1975 Tue 25-Jun-13 22:13:36

I would say probably yes. Having said that, I have looked after friends children for a couple of hours here and there without official paperwork in the past. I guess it depends how non regular, eg, is it likely just to be twice ever, or if it is going to be one a fortnight for the next 12 months. In the first instance, no, but if its going to be semi permenant then I would say yes. I think ncma do short term contracts, but not sure if they cover ad hoc days or just an actual short term agreement?

Twinklestarstwinklestars Wed 26-Jun-13 01:41:17

I would say yes to permissions as you must have done trips out/school runs/parks etc with them and medical permission may have been needed.

Runoutofideas Wed 26-Jun-13 18:26:02

I am about to look after a child, once a week for the next 3 weeks. I haven't used a "proper" contract for him, but I do have my form filled in which has emergency contact details, allergy, health and doctors info, and permissions. I also have email confirmation of all the arrangements, so something is in writing regarding cost/hours etc.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now