Note: Please bear in mind that this is a discussion board, not a place to advertise childcare vacancies or recruit childminders/nannies etc. We don't mind the odd mumsnet regular mentioning that they're looking for a job/mindee (although you're probably better off in MN Local) but repeated job "ads" and posts from nanny/babysitting agencies aren't fair to people who are paying for small business ads. Do feel free to report any you see. Thanks, MNHQ.

WWYD? Au pair space

(7 Posts)
megsmouse Sun 23-Jun-13 23:25:17

Message withdrawn at poster's request.

megsmouse Mon 24-Jun-13 17:30:08

BerkshireMum Thu 27-Jun-13 17:07:23

I'd talk to her and hope to agree on (2). You'll also need to be clear about her having use of other parts of the house - no rule about in your room when not working.

Good luck

megsmouse Thu 27-Jun-13 19:20:36

WouldBeHarrietVane Thu 27-Jun-13 19:22:05

Megs I think that is a good solution!!

nannyE Fri 28-Jun-13 14:55:58

Some people are really nice! Its nice when we see parents worrying about a nanny/au pair...

Scarletlips Fri 28-Jun-13 19:12:21

I'm with nannyE, I believe it really does pay off when a family care about their au pair! I know families who get their au pair to do EVERYTHING and pay the normal rate or below the normal rate. Then they wonder why their au pairs don't last! Megsmouse I think it's lovely the way you are thinking about your au pair like this. smile I always think to myself how would I want my daughter to be treated if she ever goes abroad to be an au pair and that's how I treat my au pair. I'd love to hear how you get on with getting an au pair

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now