This topic is for discussing childcare options. If you want to advertise, please use your Local site.

Checks for new CM's

(6 Posts)
mama2moo Sun 23-Jun-13 15:32:55

Someone I know has applied to be a child minder. He had a harassment order against him last year because of anti social behaviour, harassing neighbours and ended up going to mediation.

He was sacked from a job for bullying and harassment.

He already has a crb check and an nneb.

Will they check for things like this? I'm terrified about him caring for other people's children when he shouts and screams at his own 3yo and 6mo.

Refences have been requested already so he must have got past some checks.

Twinklestarstwinklestars Sun 23-Jun-13 16:27:57

They will look at his criminal record but will speak to him about the offences I would have thought, a criminal record won't always stop someone from being approved they will look at each individual situations.

Whatalotofpiffle Sun 23-Jun-13 22:24:24

From what I remember you need to disclose these things, but don't forget you can make a call to Ofsted if you are concerned he will not tell them. I really am not sure how they will find out about his temperament.

I think your call can be anonymous

Whatalotofpiffle Sun 23-Jun-13 22:25:06

Oh and the reference stage is fairly early on

mama2moo Mon 24-Jun-13 14:26:11

Thats good. Hopefully it wont get any further then. I have thought about calling them but I really dont want anymore hassle from him. He put us through a year of hell.

Whatalotofpiffle Mon 24-Jun-13 23:32:16

I don't think they will disclose the source of the concern but I can see why you are worried

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now