Note: Please bear in mind that this is a discussion board, not a place to advertise childcare vacancies or recruit childminders/nannies etc. We don't mind the odd mumsnet regular mentioning that they're looking for a job/mindee (although you're probably better off in MN Local) but repeated job "ads" and posts from nanny/babysitting agencies aren't fair to people who are paying for small business ads. Do feel free to report any you see. Thanks, MNHQ.

Childminders, how many contracts for siblings

(9 Posts)
Whatalotofpiffle Fri 14-Jun-13 20:54:40

2 contracts no discount for me too

Twinklestarstwinklestars Fri 14-Jun-13 07:06:48

On the mm contracts you can put more than one child, otherwise I'd do 2 and also do separate child record forms, permissions etc.

I also don't offer discount, when I first started I discounted a sibling as I had the other full time so did a cheap after school rate which was a pain if I didn't need to pick others up but still had to drive their after disturbing the babies playing happily so never again.

MUM2BLESS Thu 13-Jun-13 22:15:47

I would have seperate contracts with no discount. I had 3 siblings with seperate contracts as hours different. The family left my services in April to move away. They had to do what was best.

Higher finanical lost if family leave your services.

ReetPetit Thu 13-Jun-13 22:08:51

agree with HSMM - 2 contracts, no discount.

I've never offered a discount either. It's still two spaces.

Oh, no, scrap that actually ad the hours will be different.When iI've done one contract it's been for after schoolies with the same hours.

Best to do two.

You can do one contract, but make sure you have separate registers and contact forms for ofsted.

That's as far as I know, and was fine at my last inspection.

HSMMaCM Thu 13-Jun-13 21:19:59

I would do 2 contracts and not offer a discount

Brownowlahi Thu 13-Jun-13 21:18:23

Hi, I'm about to start with the younger sibling of one of my current mindees. The first child will need a new contract as she is starting nursery and her hours are changing. I've decided to offer a discount. Younger child full fees, older child has the discount. Do I need to have two contacts or can they go on the same one as their pay will be linked? How would you word the discount? 'When both children are in attendance, pay will be £xxx, if only one child is here then it is £xxx' or am I being daft even offering a discount?

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now