This topic is for discussing childcare options. If you want to advertise, please use your Local site.

Childminder - parent coming to see me tomorrow

(5 Posts)
NoHank Sun 16-Jun-13 11:15:38

Glad it went well.

Re retainers, I've never had to use one as I've been very lucky in that whenever I've had an enquiry they have wanted to start asap and I've had the space available. I guess it would depend how long they wanted you to hold a place available for them? Hopefully someone else will be able to help more.

Likewise holidays. I always charge full when I am available (i.e. they are on holiday) but nothing if I am unavailable however I know others who charge half fee for both so it evens out. Again, not much help, sorry!

MUM2BLESS Fri 14-Jun-13 22:06:45

Thanks NoHank.

It went very well thank you. I spent quite a bit of time preparing the house (down stairs). I had an info pack ready. Showned my certs, osfted reg cert and insurance cert. Chatted about various things. Looked around the downstairs rooms before leaving.

Due to vist home next week to meet the little one.

I feel so at peace about it all.

Can you explain the retainers fee to me. Never used one before. What are the options if a parent want to go on holiday for a long period?, say four or five weeks. Do most cms charge full, half or use a retainer? just looking at my options. No contract signed as yet.

NoHank Fri 14-Jun-13 13:19:09

Sorry, just realised this is from yesterday so they have probably already been! Hope it went well.

NoHank Fri 14-Jun-13 13:17:52

I usually put together a small welcome pack for parents and inside I put a few of my policies such as fees and payments, healthy eating and sample menu, behaviour, a sample timetable of groups and activities we do.

That way they can take it home and read it at their leisure. Saves them trying to remember everything we have discussed and also they have my fees etc in writing so they can make their decision.

Good luck

MUM2BLESS Thu 13-Jun-13 20:56:44

Got an enquiry today.

Got an information package
Certs
Insurance cert
Registration Cert

can you remind me of anything else I need to cover?

Thanks

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now