This topic is for discussing childcare options. If you want to advertise, please use your Local site.

So, we are au pair recruiting again. We broke the last one.

(32 Posts)
bran Sun 09-Jun-13 19:25:39

Message withdrawn at poster's request.

lougle Fri 14-Jun-13 17:13:41

Off topic, but how do you imagine he'll cope if his teacher is female at school when he starts? Do you think he'll get over his gender bias by then?

bran Fri 14-Jun-13 17:47:34

lougle Fri 14-Jun-13 18:30:14

Ok...well as long as you know the rules, it's up to you if you break them smile

OutragedFromLeeds Fri 14-Jun-13 19:32:15

Why is your DS so sexist? Does it not concern you at all? Does he have SN?

Nannies and au pairs seems to be an area of employment law where you can discriminate fairly freely. I see loads of ads looking for a certain gender, age range, ethnicity, religion. I'm pretty sure you couldn't advertise for a 'catholic builder' or a 'Chinese lollypop lady', but with nannies it seems to be ok.

bran Fri 14-Jun-13 20:47:53

OutragedFromLeeds Fri 14-Jun-13 20:55:45

I'm sorry you feel like that bran and I'm sure you're not a crap parent, but honestly if my 9 year old (with no SN) was so sexist that he refused to talk to a woman via Skype or even entertain the idea that a woman could be fun to be with I'd think something had gone seriously wrong somewhere.

lougle Fri 14-Jun-13 21:22:20

I'm sorry if I've contributed to that feeling, bran. To be honest, I wasn't thinking of it so much in terms of parenting, my mind just wandered to thinking that most primary school teachers are female and how would that work when he started school, not realising that he was already at school with no issues.

I hope you get a good au pair sorted, from what I've seen it's a very stressful process.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now