This topic is for discussing childcare options. If you want to advertise, please use your Local site.

Pipes

(9 Posts)
FeelingOld Sun 09-Jun-13 18:55:58

We get thick long cardboard tubes from a local wedding dress factory, they are happy to give them away, saves them having to dispose of them, so is there anywhere near you that uses rolls of fabric?

For outside i have guttering, some of which is screwed to my fence.

nannynick Sat 08-Jun-13 19:30:18

Like the hamster tube idea, as those can be seen through a bit.
Wonder if the tubes to protect small trees would work.

insancerre Sat 08-Jun-13 19:01:19

hamster tubes are good for this as are the tubes you get posters delivered in

nannynick Sat 08-Jun-13 19:01:06

This (Flat Channel Ducting) is what I brought earlier today, for use to help ventilate hot air from my air conditioner, though has a variety of uses I am sure.

nannynick Sat 08-Jun-13 18:58:43

For smaller tubes, try 32mm waste pipe.
Take some toy cars with you when you visit, so you can test for size grin

nannynick Sat 08-Jun-13 18:57:00

Best to take a trip to a store and see what they have. Could be a good outing for children, opportunity to see things they may not usually see.

nannynick Sat 08-Jun-13 18:54:15

Gutter 4m
Downpipe 2.75m
Brown Pipe 4m
Cost will vary by length, guttering tends to be 2m or 4m. Will vary in price due to length, around the £7-£15 mark.

nannynick Sat 08-Jun-13 18:49:39

Wickes - I was at a local store earlier today and they sell drain pipes and guttering (guttering could be good for running boats down). They also sell ventilation tubes (rectangular) which may be a bit small for some cars but would fit matchbox style cars.

1m ventilation tube (Flat Channel 100mmx1m) cost me £5.54

Borntobeamum Sat 08-Jun-13 18:42:42

I'd like to buy some drain pipe type things for the kiddies to run cars/water/pebbles etc down.
A bit like long toilet roll tubes.

Does anyone know where I could buy them from?

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now