This topic is for discussing childcare options. If you want to advertise, please use your Local site.

CM's how would you feel if you received this letter?

(14 Posts)
IwishIwasmoreorganised Fri 07-Jun-13 21:23:30

Dear CM
As the boys are finishing with you, I would like to take this opportunity to thank you, Your DH, DS1 and DS2 very much for making them so welcome in your home.
As you know, we had experienced a lot of problems with previous childcare providers but I can honestly say that from the moment that I met you that I felt confident that you would provide a professional and quality service. I have not been disappointed in any way.
The flexibility that you offered during the settling in period was excellent and you got to know the boys individually very quickly. As a result you were able to cater for their different tastes and requirements which really helped them to settle in. They have enjoyed a huge variety of activities with you including different crafts, cooking, playing in the garden as well as many different trips out and about. This sets you apart from many other childminders.
I have been extremely impressed with the way in which you run your business, you are always up to date with the mountains of paperwork and you communicate very clearly with us regarding holidays, what activities the boys have done and any problems that may have occurred. I was particularly pleased with the way in which we were able to work together during the times when DS1's behaviour left a lot to be desired - thank you!
You have been friendly, reliable and trustworthy at all times and I have been 100% happy leaving the boys in your care. As you know, they are only leaving as a result of me changing my hours of work. I would happily recommend your services to other parents who are looking for a friendly and professional childminder to look after their children.
Many, many thanks for all of your hard work,
IWIWMO

I have said all of this to her, but not all at one time. I hope that she can use it in her file of info to show to prospective parents. We have also bought her a gift to thank her for everything.

mikkii Fri 07-Jun-13 22:00:24

I think it is really nice that you have made the effort to let her know how much you have appreciated her.

I had a nanny for a year, before DS started school, this was the only reason I stopped having a nanny. I subsequently spoke to someone who interviewed her and I made sure it was clear that she was leaving due to DS starting school so I could not justify cost of nanny anymore. It was nothing to do with her skills.

ReetPetit Fri 07-Jun-13 22:05:20

yes, that's nice smile

have had parents leave without so much as a backward glance which is most disheartening - always nice to know someone has appreciated your hard work.

I would cry at such a lovely letter, treasure it immensely, and yes, show to prospective parents and Ofsted too

Bless you, how lucky the CM has been to work with such a wonderful family.

IwishIwasmoreorganised Fri 07-Jun-13 22:13:54

Great. I'll give it to her next week on the boys last day with her.

[thumbs up] ♡

That's lovely. I am sure she will be delighted.

TwistAndShout Sat 08-Jun-13 08:35:47

I would be delighted! How thoughtful.

Alliwantisaroomsomewhere Sat 08-Jun-13 19:45:21

That's lovely! Your CM will love it and most probably cry when reading it :D

HSMMaCM Sat 08-Jun-13 20:08:08

It's lovely.

Whatalotofpiffle Sun 09-Jun-13 10:24:45

I think I would cry! Lovely smile

Goldmandra Mon 10-Jun-13 09:07:06

It's lovely that you have told her why you appreciate her efforts so much. Not only will it make her feel appreciated, it will help her to sell her service to new parents and to get a good Ofsted.

I wish all parents were as considerate and appreciative as you are smile

anewyear Tue 11-Jun-13 19:42:27

Blimey, you'd have me in tears too.
Its lovley.

whatisyourview Sat 15-Jun-13 21:33:47

Frame it!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now