This topic is for discussing childcare options. If you want to advertise, please use your Local site.

What are average childminder fees ( in west midlands)?

(30 Posts)
Tiredemma Fri 07-Jun-13 20:40:42

Trying to find some childcare for next march. Baby will be 6 months old. Never used a CM for either of my boys so dont have a clue regarding fees.

Any advice? And what to look for ?

ShadeofViolet Sun 09-Jun-13 11:59:09

East Midlands here and I pay £3.10 an hour (although DD is only there 1 afternoon a week).

Tiredemma Sun 09-Jun-13 12:53:55

Neverbeen- haven't looked at any yet. used a nursery for both boys (over 10 years ago) so know what to look for and reasonable fees in that sense but had never considered a childminder before.

Lots of friends have said CM are better for younger babies so looking at this as an option.

would you have recommended your CM?

NeverBeenToMe Sun 09-Jun-13 13:01:27

Definitely but she has started work at a school now :/ Children's centres are another place to find details of CMs - but I think I found mine on the child care pages of Netmums.

DerbyNottsLeicsNightNanny Sun 09-Jun-13 14:08:50

I'm in East Midlands & pay £3.50ph, have paid this rate for last 3 yrs so I'm sure there will be a rise at some point. Another cm I nearly went with was charging £3ph but I decided mine was worth the extra (& she is!)

looselegs Sun 09-Jun-13 15:31:19

I'm in Coventry and charge £3.50 per hour or £30 for a full day.Before/after school is £4 per hour.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now