This topic is for discussing childcare options. If you want to advertise, please use your Local site.

Nanny agency recommendation

(11 Posts)
SusanAust Wed 24-May-06 10:35:56

Could anyone please provide a recommendation for a nanny agency for the St John's Wood area? We have recently moved from Australia and are looking for a nanny. Many thanks

Uwila Wed 24-May-06 11:28:46

Why do you want to use an agency?

Might try www.nannyjob.co.uk or www.gumtree.com

Majorca Wed 24-May-06 13:03:41

I like Riverside Nannies - used them some time ago and got a totally wonderful nanny. They are based in Limehouse but not confined to that area, if you see what I mean.

nannyj Wed 24-May-06 13:33:57

www.imperialnannies.co.uk or www.burlingtonnannies.co.uk are both good agencies. I got my current nanny job at Imperial but they are expensive for the parents but they do have good candidates. Good luck

Bink Wed 24-May-06 13:42:34

Susan, we found ours through Eden Nannies and she's wonderful.

<<Don't know if you mind me doing this, but does your husband's name and daughter's name begin with the same letter, and have you decided to use a school with a red uniform? 'Cos if that's all true, your daughter and mine went off to class holding hands today>>

pol26 Wed 24-May-06 14:12:27

All I can say is not O&P nannies, not Kings agency or Yorkshire nannies. I think also with Tinies it really depends on which branch you fall into as to how good their service is.
Could you not find one yourself, like Uwila has suggested?

sinclair Wed 24-May-06 18:20:26

We tried a number of agencies when we were looking (4 years ago) and the only one that I recommend was Park nannies based in Queen's Park so not far from you. They seemed to actually vet the nannies and send CVs of girls that would suit. But we ended up saving the fee as we were lucky enough to find someone perfect by word of mouth. Good luck with your search!

SusanAust Thu 25-May-06 11:32:08

Bink, yes indeed, I think our daughters might be in the same class with the same red uniform in St Johns Wood. How do we get in touch off mumsnet?

jura Thu 25-May-06 11:35:09

I've used KiwiOz and would recommend them - first time I've used an agency successfully. Previously we've used Nannyjob and filtered out the unsuitable ones.

Best of luck!

Bink Thu 25-May-06 12:05:59

Susan - well I'm always being promised a class contact list, hasn't turned up yet this year ... I'll give my daughter a note to pass on.

Hope all is going well!

jeniferholland Thu 13-Mar-14 12:15:22

I have has several children of my own and i went from agency to agency, i eventually, through a recommendation of a friend, to occasional and permanent nannies, based in South kensington. They were able to find out exactly what i was looking for. since then i have used and recommend them countless times. I have loved ever single girl who i have had throughout them.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now