This topic is for discussing childcare options. If you want to advertise, please use your Local site.

Am i taking the mickey?

(13 Posts)
dribbleface Fri 10-May-13 19:38:32

Electrical - definitely not! As it was DH stayed at home with the sick one and I collected the stroppy one, who still didn't want to come home! Sigh......maybe he means it when he tells be he's going to move in there!

no problem with me....i am a childminder and i have witnessed the meltdowns when mum has said she will pick up from school instead as a "treat" for DC!

As long as you dont appear at CMs door with ill DC and let said DC spread their germs through the house and then promptly vomit over the cms sofa as cm tries to get you and your children out of her home (voice of bitter experience)

but you wont....OH is picking him up!

HSMMaCM Fri 10-May-13 18:04:37

I encourage parents to use time they're paying for. That's what we're here for. grin

dribbleface Fri 10-May-13 14:55:38

he has far more fun there apparently, got the gist when he wailed this morning 'but I don't want you to get me' [hmmm] grin

NatashaBee Fri 10-May-13 14:52:12

Not taking the mickey at all. You're paying her to mind your child, regardless of what you're doing - working, sitting by a pool, or at home with a sick child. It's not like DS1 is going to miss out on anything exciting at home if your other child is ill.

dribbleface Fri 10-May-13 14:51:16

DH collects ds1 on his way home at 5. I did see her this morning and she asked if he was still coming and I said yes, then had doubts.

will enjoy the relative peace until 5!

carriedawayannie Fri 10-May-13 14:50:55

Don't feel guilty for using a service you are paying for - no matter how marvelous she is.

dribbleface Fri 10-May-13 14:48:49

ok, feel better already. Absolutely would pay anyhow, she is worth her weight in gold and should charge a lot more than she does.

5318008 Fri 10-May-13 14:47:40

no of course not, stay at home with poorly boy, DS1 will have a ball, everyone wins

(Make sure you haven't cancelled the CM and forgotten to rebook, so that he's picked up)

NarkyNamechanger Fri 10-May-13 14:47:37

Not taking the mickey no but won't you still have to collect ds1, just a bit later on?

OldLadyKnowsNothing Fri 10-May-13 14:47:03

You're not taking the mickey, you're using a service you've paid for/will pay for and would pay for regardless of whether you used it today or not. Relax!

carriedawayannie Fri 10-May-13 14:46:40

Perfectly reasonable.

DS1 happy.
Better for DS2.
You were paying anyway presumably.

There are no losers.

dribbleface Fri 10-May-13 14:44:46

Ds1 goes to a childminder after school 2 evenings a week. I'm at home today as DS2 is sick. Ds1 was not impressed he was not going to his childminders tonight so I decided to send him anyhow, and save dragging ds2 out on the school run again.

Feeling guilty that its taking the Mickey a bit?

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now