This topic is for discussing childcare options. If you want to advertise, please use your Local site.

findababysitter.com

(5 Posts)
Rootatoot Wed 08-May-13 12:16:38

Has anybody had any experience with this website? I'm looking for a backup childminder/babysitter so only want to subscribe for 1 month, as I don't think it'll take long to find someone and our needs are for the next month or so mainly. I'm wary of paying by card for subscription services which you have to rely on the company to cancel though. I don't want to be shelling out £25 every month and have problems cancelling.

Anyone used them sucessfully and then stopped your subscription without a problem?

Many thanks in advance for any responses. smile

apotomak Wed 08-May-13 12:43:00

Have a look at sitters.co.uk. I babysit through them. There's a small fee each time you book and you only pay when you use it (there is no subscription fee).

Why not ring round local childminders as many offer a babysitting service.

You can also sign up with childcare.co.uk . Even if you only set up a free account those childcarers that have full membership will be able to contact you.

duvetheaven Wed 08-May-13 20:40:14

Hi op
I used the site for a couple of months and had no problems cancelling as found it to be run in a professional way. I got quite a few responses but they seemed to turn up once and then go AWOL. I did say that I was looking for people who were available on a longer term basis and they only had to care for one child so I don't think that was such a difficult task. Good luck.

NomDeClavier Fri 10-May-13 12:05:43

What about a site where you only pay a one off fee? www.nannyjob.co.uk and Gumtree both operate that way and you can both post an ad and have people contact you.

electriceelong Tue 11-Mar-14 17:00:04

Message deleted by MNHQ. Here's a link to our Talk Guidelines.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now