This topic is for discussing childcare options. If you want to advertise, please use your Local site.

Emergency night nanny in London

(18 Posts)

My baby has had a norovirus for the past week. The doctor says it's just a case of waiting it out, but I have no reserves left.

I want to hire someone to help overnight for the next couple of days, but don't know where to start.

Can anyone help?

I can't help directly but have you tried looking on the listings for your local Mumsnet? whereabouts in London are you?

We're in Newham, East London. The local site is empty as yet sad

ghislaine Tue 07-May-13 21:39:32

Have you tried the agency nightnannies?

I used them for sleep training. The agency themselves were very professional and the nanny was incredible, so calm, reassuring and warm, I felt we were all in safe hands the minute she walked in. I called on a Thursday and the sleep trainer started on the Monday. In an emergency you can probably get someone sooner. Good luck.

Not yet - there were so many agencies when I googled, I just couldn't tell where to start, so I appreciate your recommendation. I'll give them a call in the morning.
Thank you!

Has anyone else had a good experience with an agency?

Nicole007 Tue 07-May-13 22:36:08

Yes - Eden agencies I have found to be good

Trying2bMindful Tue 07-May-13 22:56:48

My friend in SW London recommended:

silentnightnannies (they have a website).
www.deearnas-maternity-agency.co.uk www.maternallynurtured.co.uk.

Thanks everyone.
Knowing I can (hopefully) have help tomorrow is probably all that's going to get me through tonight.

ReetPetit Wed 08-May-13 08:06:24

Do nannies look after babies with noro virus then?? Surely your sick baby should be cared for by someone familiar? Do you have no partner/family that could help?

Dencar Wed 08-May-13 15:45:12

Message deleted by Mumsnet for breaking our Talk Guidelines. Replies may also be deleted.

Reet: obviously I would prefer DD to be looked after by someone we know, but DH has to go away for work, families are 600 miles away. as far as people she knows go, I'm it, and I simply don't have another 22 hour shift in me. Not a terribly helpful comment - I already feel like crap because I can't cope.

Thank you to everyone for your suggestions, we have some help arranged now, and appreciate the support smile

5alive4life Wed 08-May-13 23:26:53

goodluck with your search. i actually live in newham but have a full time mon-friday job so I am unable to help personally.

Deearnamaternitynurse Thu 09-May-13 17:33:37

Hi we have some night nannies in your area if your still looking

Nannyowl Thu 09-May-13 18:12:15

Hi MummyWeatherwax

I work as a night nanny and in reply to Reet. It would depend on what other clients I had at the time; as to whether I would look after a child with a D&V bug.
I'm not in your area Mummy but I hope you have found someone now, it is exhausting looking after a sick child alone. I think you are very sensible to acknowledge you need a hand. We don't all have family nearby.
Hope Baby is well soon.

Nix1983 Fri 10-May-13 19:19:57

Message deleted by Mumsnet for breaking our Talk Guidelines. Replies may also be deleted.

Quick update for you all:
DD is back to her smiley self, finally. I'd recommend the no D&V option for those considering children wink

We had some help, I got a chance to recharge and DD got cuddles on demand, a good result all round.

Thanks for all the support

Trying2bMindful Sat 11-May-13 01:01:56

Great news Mummy. Did you get paid help in? Can you recommend anyone?!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now