This topic is for discussing childcare options. If you want to advertise, please use your Local site.

feeling guilty re one on my mindees

(5 Posts)
redheartonpink Tue 07-May-13 14:57:41

I love all the dc i look after but one of them tends to rub me up the wrong way at times. She is the one who disrupts the play when it is all going well, pulls hair or hits the others purely for a reaction from me, that sort of thing. I feel guilty for having negative feelings towards her and want to turn this around but i dont know how. I give her lots of attention including one to one during which she is much better. I think she doesnt lke sharing me with the other dc but obviously she needs to. Help!

doughnut44 Tue 07-May-13 17:05:13

that is brilliant that you have identified there is a problem. you can now move forward. How old is the mindee? when did this behaviour start and have you spoken to the parents?

redheartonpink Tue 07-May-13 19:09:22

She is 2 and a half. She was quite testing when she first came to me (hitting other dc unprovoked) and in the end i resorted to time outs which did the trick. I discussed this with mum but home life is a bit chaotic so not much consistency and a lot of conflict between mum and dad. She settled down but things have started up again since i have taken on a new mindee who is a little clingy and needs lots of cuddles at times. But her behavior is a bit worse even when new mindee is not there. She is quite challenging for mum at home.

redheartonpink Wed 08-May-13 14:32:26

Had same today. Dc really disruptive whilst other mindee here, but as soon as it is just me and her she is lovely and well behaved. How do i tackle this? I hate telling her off all the time and i always praise her when she is being good and kind. I am at a loss of what to do next.

doughnut44 Wed 08-May-13 17:36:25

I have one similar. very disruptive to the point where she tries to hurt the other babies. it has got to the point where I need my husband with me all the time (he is my assistant). quite often she is like this when she is tired so I make sure she has a proper routine. I also involve her a lot in caring for the babies - holding the bottle, fetching the nappies etc. keep telling her how good she is and what a big girl she is. also being very very firm and keeping on top of the wrong behaviour x good luck x

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now