This topic is for discussing childcare options. If you want to advertise, please use your Local site.

How much for over night babysitting?

(8 Posts)
Sunnysummer Mon 06-May-13 23:52:57

As they saw your hourly rate to begin with, I'd start by discussing the full £100 - it may be that they are totally happy to pay it, and after all, you are still giving up those whole evenings and accepting being in charge of anything that goes wrong during that time.

If they actually ask for a discount, then you could discuss it, on the basis of having 2 nights, boy being older etc - but you don't need to be the one to put a discount on the table!

GW297 Mon 06-May-13 23:34:06

If he's no trouble and you are literally just sleeping there for 2 nights as a one off £50 per night is more than reasonable.

flumperoo Mon 06-May-13 22:50:42

Thanks for the responses. I guess that would work out as £100 per evening, which seems extortionate to me, but at least I won't feel cheeky asking what I was thinking, which is £50 per evening smile

forevergreek Mon 06-May-13 22:21:04

I would still charge £10 per hr as you mentioned.

GW297 Mon 06-May-13 22:19:54

I would still charge your hourly rate.

flumperoo Mon 06-May-13 22:17:13

It's 12 miles/20 minutes away by car.

DerbyNottsLeicsNightNanny Mon 06-May-13 21:58:35

how far away do they live? For me, the travel time/petrol would definitely influence my decision to some extent.

flumperoo Mon 06-May-13 20:44:46

I've advertised myself as a babysitter charging £10 per hour on gum tree. Someone has contacted me asking how much I would charge to stay at their house on a fri and sat night from 10pm till morning both nights. I wouldn't be babysitting in the usual sense as it's for a 14 year old boy who can look after himself, they just want an adult there overnight. Presumably the parents are away fri - sun.

I'm wondering what a reasonable amount would be to charge? I'm a late-thirties, experienced teacher & mother of a teenager if that makes a difference?

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now