This topic is for discussing childcare options. If you want to advertise, please use your Local site.

Part-time Nanny Salary in Sevenoaks

(6 Posts)
HappyAsEyeAm Mon 06-May-13 20:04:17

I am a nanny employer in Bromley, and I pay £11.20 gross for a very experienced part time (3 log days) nanny.

Blondeshavemorefun Mon 06-May-13 16:11:32

As nick said More like £10/12 gross - sorry / the £12 disappeared

Blondeshavemorefun Mon 06-May-13 15:25:05

Depends what you want - do you have a baby /young children and need a nanny who can just get on with it - or as you work from home are you happy with a less experienced one who may need guiding

I'm a sevenoaks nanny and I earn £13 gross. I am one of the higher paid nannies

There are less qualified and less experienced/ younger nannies who would accept less - more like £10 gross

A nwoc will accept less - tho not sure 8gross unless doesn't have lots of experience

ALWAYS discuss gross smile

nannynick Mon 06-May-13 14:37:37

I would guess that you are looking at £10-12 gross per hour for a nanny with prior experience. If you do not need someone with lots of experience, as you are at home (though would you be able to assist if working?) then you can offer less. Test the market, create an advert at a lower rate, such as £8 gross and see what interest there is from local nannies. Some may accept that rate of pay but want to bring their own child with them, is that something you would consider?

Always state pay in contract as Gross, as a persons taxcode changes over time, especially when they may have multiple jobs.

Nannyowl Mon 06-May-13 13:09:02

Hi JPVK

You must pay gross. The reason is the net amount will differ for each nanny depending on other work they do, which may use their tax allowance. Or they may have a pension or investments etc. So if you agree a net amount you can come unstuck; and find you need to pay more tax than you anticipated for the nanny.
Im assuming you know you have to pay tax and NI for the nanny?
Not sure what the going rate is in Kent but I expect someone will come on and tell you.
Good luck in finding someone smile

JPVK Mon 06-May-13 12:59:34

Hello everyone,

Can somebody advise please how much should I pay a nanny for a part time position in Sevenoaks.
I'm looking for a nanny to work for 2-3 days a week 0900-1700h (Working hours) only. I'm working from home.
I don't know how much I should pay the hourly salary, net or gross?

any advise much appreciated.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now