This topic is for discussing childcare options. If you want to advertise, please use your Local site.

overnight/weekend babysitting rate

(9 Posts)

Seems good rate many agencies recommend £150 per 24hrs

lechatnoir Sun 05-May-13 10:32:45

I think £150 is more than enough unless you're in central London.

If you base it on you're normal rate it 13 working hours (10am -6pm + 7am-midday) so £91, 2 hours double pay for 6-7pm & 6-7am is £119 plus £30 for the night time.

Blondeshavemorefun Sun 05-May-13 10:22:00

seems very fair - just over 24hrs (26 to be precise) grin

i charge 180/200 per 24hrs and thats at £10ph 7am/8am - 11/midnight and £30 sleepover from midnight till 7am

Cloverer Sun 05-May-13 00:03:50

I would offer £7 for the day time/babysitting hours (until 11pm) and £30 for the overnight (11pm-6am).

ZenNudist Sat 04-May-13 23:50:35

Tbh I'd take it as equivalent of a full day & a half day with a childminder - could be even lower. Like £75.

Why don't you ask her what she wants. Say you were thinking £75 then meet in the middle.

ZenNudist Sat 04-May-13 23:48:48

I think it's a lot. £100 would be fair in terms of hours worked plus it's a nice amount to earn for a nice weekend on the side.

If its taxed then gross up, something like 100 net 130 gross? Ish?

BackforGood Sat 04-May-13 23:45:32

Sounds like a huge amount to me.
If you can afford it, and are happy to spend it then great, but I bet she'd do it for less.
Ultimately it's a very individual agreement, so totally between you and her.

Cloverer Sat 04-May-13 23:31:31

£170 sounds just right to me.

sleeplessinderbyshire Sat 04-May-13 21:30:53

we have a regular babysitter/nanny who looks after my children 2 afternoons/evenings a week after nursery and whom we pay £7 an hour (via PAYE before anyone asks). she occasionally does weekend/late evening babysitting for a similar rate. DH and I want to go away for a night one weekend and I know our nanny/babysitter has offered several times to babysit overnight for us. The kids love her and so this would work well. I'm just wondering what to pay her. Would £170 for 10am sat til midday sunday seem reasonable? obviously she'd have all meals, a kitty for trips out and we'd insure her on our car for the weekend (she drives but doesn't have her own car at the moment). I think I'd happily pay more if this rate is a ripoff but don't want to be offering silly money as if we enjoy freedom and decide to go away again I'd like it to be fairly affordable. Kids are nearly 4 and 10 months. The almost 4 year old goes to be around 715 and usually sleeps through til 6/7am (and if 6am will ask if she's allowed to take her pullup off and then go and play quietly til 7) the baby often sleeps through from 715 til 630/7 or if not sometimes wakes needing a cuddle but settles rapidly and very very occasionally has milk at 4-5 but goes back down til 7/8 if that's the case

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now