Got a q for Miriam Gonzalez Durantez? ×

This topic is for discussing childcare options. If you want to advertise, please use your Local site.

Guilt!!

(30 Posts)
Whatalotofpiffle Wed 01-May-13 12:56:07

A parent has 3 children with me and one is currently poorly (sickness bug) so she asked if I could have her youngest while she took middle child to the doctors. This is not a day I am usually contracted for and have had a cancellation today so have a space.

Said yes, no prob, child arrived 11am. Parent back from doctors and Parent asked if child could stay longer so said yes but would need to charge.

Child then picked up immediately and I feel awful.

Should I have given a freebie? The parent had assumed it was a freebie and said so upon collection.

whatsleep Sun 05-May-13 19:36:40

When I was a nanny the dad asked me to do him a favour and look after their 3 month old baby while he took his wife away to Paris for the weekend as a surprise for her birthday. It was a hell of a weekend but I was thinking of the money to get me through it...... When they returned they gave me a bottle of perfume and a box of chocolates and thanked me. I was never paid for it and still kick myself to this day for not asking them outright. Stand your ground and don't let this mum take advantage if your good nature like I did!

Whatalotofpiffle Mon 06-May-13 02:21:53

Oh my god, that takes the biscuit! I will definitely stand my ground

madbengal Mon 06-May-13 02:33:59

Hope you do, my childminder is a now a very good friend and when I have ever asked her to have DD extra always have the money when I collect DD as its her business end of so very cheeky of her

Neverending2012 Sun 26-May-13 21:32:48

Charge them please, any nursery would. outrageous to even assume a freebie. Absolutely maddening!

Neverending2012 Sun 26-May-13 21:33:15

Charge them please, any nursery would. outrageous to even assume a freebie. Absolutely maddening!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now