Note: Please bear in mind that this is a discussion board, not a place to advertise childcare vacancies or recruit childminders/nannies etc. We don't mind the odd mumsnet regular mentioning that they're looking for a job/mindee (although you're probably better off in MN Local) but repeated job "ads" and posts from nanny/babysitting agencies aren't fair to people who are paying for small business ads. Do feel free to report any you see. Thanks, MNHQ.

Need help regarding child minder in/around Woking?

(7 Posts)
Gnomeo Sun 28-Apr-13 21:53:19

I am posting on this forum for the first time.Our 3 years old DS is going to start nursery in a local school from this September, just realised that we have to make some arrangement for child care during the school holidays for my son as we both work full time blush.

I wonder if someone could recommend a CM in/around Woking who could help us with the child care during the school holidays? Any suggestions about any other options would also be welcome.

I would highly appreciate any help in this regards as we are quite stressed about this as we have to inform the school about the nursery hours in a week.

nannynick Sun 28-Apr-13 22:28:03

Are you looking for a childminder to do before/after nursery hours, plus full time in school holidays? If so, then saying which school/nursery may help, as the childminder will need to be able to take/collect from that place.

List of Registered Childminders is available from SurreyCC. SurreyCC: Childminders and Network Childminders in Woking - to get a better list, enter the postcode of the school/nursery, as those close to that school are more likely to collect from it.

Gnomeo Sun 28-Apr-13 22:44:08

nannynick thanks for your reply and the link you posted, it is really helpful. DS will be going to St. Andrews School and they provide after school care so I will be doing the pick/drop during the term time.

Ideally, we would like to have CM full time during the school holidays not sure if this is possible but can reduce the number of days at school nursery during term time and allocate more time to CM during term time if that is required.

minderjinx Mon 29-Apr-13 13:53:17

It's not impossible to find a childminder for holidays only but I think you will find that most give preference, naturally, to children they care for all year round.

minderjinx Mon 29-Apr-13 13:55:14

Oops, posted too soon! I was going to go on to say that you may find a nanny works does term time only, or a student who may be willing to work as your nanny over the holidays.

Alliwantisaroomsomewhere Mon 29-Apr-13 20:59:30

I am in Woking and have a holiday only space. If you pm me, I can give you my email address, Gnomeo!

Gnomeo Mon 29-Apr-13 23:23:33

minderjinx thanks a lot for your posts smile
Alliwantisaroomsomewhere pm'ed you.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now