This topic is for discussing childcare options. If you want to advertise, please use your Local site.

My nanny is looking for training for working with teens and preteens

(2 Posts)
notapoloshirtperson Sun 28-Apr-13 19:16:36

You could try your local surestart centre, for parenting courses? Or social services may have a list of parenting courses in your area, though I suspect most willl be aimed at parents of quite young children.

Could it be that she is thinking about moving on, and wants to work with little ones again, and is using this as an excuse?

Maybe she likes working with younger ones, she is a nanny after all.

A 10 and 13 yr old are quite capable of getting on with things themselves, and need just a bit of supervision, she may be bored? Unable to engage them in activities? At a loss as to what to do with them?
Perhaps your children have outgrown their nanny?

Manyhandsmake Sun 28-Apr-13 18:11:00

My lovely nanny is getting less confident working with my girls now they are getting older (10 & nearly 13). We really want her to stay with us. I have tried to reassure her that we are learning too, as parents, about each stage the children reach but she would feel happier if she had some training. Can anyone recommend any training courses (ideally London) we could send her on? Or other ways to reassure her?

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now