Note: Please bear in mind that this is a discussion board, not a place to advertise childcare vacancies or recruit childminders/nannies etc. We don't mind the odd mumsnet regular mentioning that they're looking for a job/mindee (although you're probably better off in MN Local) but repeated job "ads" and posts from nanny/babysitting agencies aren't fair to people who are paying for small business ads. Do feel free to report any you see. Thanks, MNHQ.

Can someone check my sums?

(7 Posts)
nannynick Fri 26-Apr-13 20:59:47

Employers NI is around 377 (tax year 2013/14).

Are you including activity budget, mileage payments and other travel on duty costs? Those can add up. Though given salary of £200 a week, is the nanny only working a couple of days?

nannynick Fri 26-Apr-13 14:14:32

www.mranchovy.com/calc/ select 2013/14 tax year and enter in details such as gross annual salary. It will calculate employers NI, use as a guide.

Details of the new reduced employers have not yet been finalised to my knowledge, so as yet we do not know exactly which employers it will apply.

NickNacks Fri 26-Apr-13 14:05:52

National insurance is not tax though.

OrchidFlakes Fri 26-Apr-13 13:56:00

Thanks nannynick I'll check my household insurance - fab top tip! I'll look at payefornannies too.

How much is employers NI? The latest budget said employers could hire someone up to £22k and not pay tax? www.bbc.co.uk/news/business-21857641

But maybe I have misunderstood that...

eeyore12 Fri 26-Apr-13 11:40:18

There is employers ni which is not included in the nannies gross wage

nannynick Fri 26-Apr-13 11:09:08

What do you mean by emplpyer liability insurance?
There is:
Employers National Insurance, part of payroll costing.
Employers Liability Insurance, often part of home contents insurance.

Nanny Payroll can be done cheaper than your nannytax costing. Decide if you need the extras you may get from nannytax, or if you just need payslips, p60, reminding when to pay HMRC then look at other companies like payefornannies.

OrchidFlakes Fri 26-Apr-13 09:22:32

I'm just wanting check I haven't missed anything when costing a nanny:

Gross salary - £200 per week, £10,400 per year (will be paid monthly)
Employer liability insurance - £200 per yr
Nanny tax fees - £275 per yr
Annual cost - £10,875 or £906 a month

Are there any other taxes I need to pay that aren't covered in the gross?

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now