This topic is for discussing childcare options. If you want to advertise, please use your Local site.

CM's, help with planning please?

(5 Posts)
NomDeClavier Sat 27-Apr-13 15:40:09

I come at this from a more teacher perspective but could you plan by theme so you make certain activities available and try to anticipate how that will meet developmental next steps, as well as allowing minders to have an element of choice. Some toys/activities will be multipurpose but you could easily theme a sensory bin or similar.

NoHank Sat 27-Apr-13 07:49:28

Thank you MUM2BLESS, very helpful.

Can you give me some ideas of what next steps you are planning for?

I really want to get this part of my paperwork up to speed, thanks

MUM2BLESS Fri 26-Apr-13 22:13:33

I have a small diary which I note the following:-

Arrival and depart times
activities am/pm etc
menu- what they have and price
notes:- any money that is pass to school etc

Planning - I have a folder with all sorts in (theme day stuff). I have started doing a planning and next step page for the younger kids.

Planning and next steps

Name Month:

No. What needs doing, Notes. Done/Ongoing.

I staple the evidence behind this sheet. (ie if doing colours or counting I write down the books or activities we do and try to date it)

Hope its helpful.

NoHank Fri 26-Apr-13 17:36:44

shameless bump smile

NoHank Fri 26-Apr-13 08:53:38

Hello everyone,

I've been thinking about my recording systems and how I use these. I use Orbit.so and both myself and my parents are really happy with this and I like the ease of uploading pictures to the albums and recording the observations and parents feedback how much they like being able to access all the pictures and notes.

But I feel my planning may be a little.. um..lax smile I always record next steps on the obs but don't have any particular form for planning. So can I ask what others do? Do you plan daily, weekly, monthly? What kind of things are you planning?

I don't want to over complicate things and was thinking of getting an A5 diary and making notes and next steps in that. Also all my mindees are 2 or over and very much know their own minds. I can plan for specific activities, they will spend 30 seconds on it then run off and do something they want to do more! So any advice welcome, thanks

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now