This topic is for discussing childcare options. If you want to advertise, please use your Local site.

Childminders, can I ask you a question please?

(6 Posts)
spekulatius Thu 25-Apr-13 20:50:50

I just got a message from a childminder on child care.co.uk. When I looked at her profile she is saying that 'We are a childminding business.' Does that mean her and another childminder work together? She has got a baby and a toddler room, sounds like nursery to me. She says they can have 10 children under 8, including 3 under 5 and 1 under 1. Surely that can't be just for one person? 10 kids? Sorry if I'm being thick.

calmlychaotic Thu 25-Apr-13 21:41:50

She probably works with a couple of assistants or it might be 2 childminders working together.

nannynick Thu 25-Apr-13 21:42:27

If they can have 10 under 8, then it must be two registered childminders working together. May be a husband wife team.
Max children (under 8) for one childminder is 6.

lechatnoir Thu 25-Apr-13 21:44:54

It sounds like someone co-minding as those ratios sound correct for 2 CM's working together although baby & toddler room is definitely more nursery speak unless they operate from a huge house with multiple spare rooms.

irishlee Mon 29-Apr-13 21:45:07

to the best of my knowledge as a registered childminder if you care for under 8 children in a home it is classed as child minding if you go over this it is classed as child care and the regulations are different you are right with your "nursery" impression but maybe they have not registered themselves as this. It must be a very big house...

spekulatius Mon 29-Apr-13 23:06:47

I've looked on their website. It's a house but they have several rooms for the kids, similar to a nursery. One room had lots of travel cots in it. I'm gonna have a look but don't think I will like it. sad

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now