Note: Please bear in mind that this is a discussion board, not a place to advertise childcare vacancies or recruit childminders/nannies etc. We don't mind the odd mumsnet regular mentioning that they're looking for a job/mindee (although you're probably better off in MN Local) but repeated job "ads" and posts from nanny/babysitting agencies aren't fair to people who are paying for small business ads. Do feel free to report any you see. Thanks, MNHQ.

Help needed

(25 Posts)
Jackboy Wed 03-Apr-13 14:49:28

I had a call & visit from Ofsted saying they have received a concern & they have suspended me from working. All I know is its a safeguarding issue. No one can/will tell me anything so I'm left in limbo. Ofsted have said they haven't received a complaint but a concern. I don't know who else is involved, NEVER had this before. I have my own children at home, but I've got no energy or feelings to do anything. Can anyone advise me on what I can do, I can't just sit waiting & not worry its driving me mad. If I've been accused of something I think I should know what it is. Sorry for rant x

busymum1 Wed 03-Apr-13 17:56:08

Did they not give you any information at all? Is there any aspect of your practice that you can think would concern people eg is your front door able to be opened without a key or a car seat not being fitted in your car correctly. Do you leave the children with unchecked adults?

Jackboy Wed 03-Apr-13 18:06:14

No idea what so ever, the children are never left, they can't get to the front door, the car seats are checked daily. The only time we see people is on the playground and we dont have visitor only once a month if were lucky. All they said was they had a call for concern. Still upto now we haven't heard from anyone apart from Ofsted.

busymum1 Wed 03-Apr-13 18:11:27

Any play groups you go to? Could anybody have seen something they disapproved of?

Really unsure what else to suggest. I know they have changed how they respond to things lately but if they are saying not a complaint it harder to guess what it can be.

I am so sorry you are going through this.

nannynick Wed 03-Apr-13 19:51:58

Any parent left recently, anyone owe fees. Some people may put in a complaint in an attempt to get out of paying outstanding fees.

Are police and/or social services involved. If it is a major safeguarding issue then I would expect them to be involved.

Jackboy Wed 03-Apr-13 19:54:03

No I don't go to group as don't have children when they are on. I'm really scared as my job is the only income, so I could lose my home, everything I have worked for the last 10 years cos someone has said something & no one will tell me anything.

Jackboy Wed 03-Apr-13 19:57:39

No parent problems, all up to date on payments. I haven't heard anything from the police or ss so I don't know if they are involved.

busymum1 Wed 03-Apr-13 21:12:34

Could you ring social services and see if they have anything pending for you?

When did Ofsted come?

calmlychaotic Wed 03-Apr-13 21:48:34

So sorry this has happened to you, I live in fear of something like this, can you call ofsted and ask for advice, I sometimes find it depends who picks up phone as to what you are told. I don't know but does your insurance cover you in this kind of circumstance?

Jackboy Wed 03-Apr-13 21:55:13

They came on Tuesday & won't tell me anymore

moogy1a Thu 04-Apr-13 07:48:00

You poor thing.
I had a call last week saying that after a complaint they are coming to do a full inspection tomorrow. After probing, she told me the children aren't dressed warm enough. Absoloute bollox obviously but no idea who said it or why. Now cacking it for tomorrow in case there are any nasty surprises.
But yours is even worse. I can just imagine how sick you feel.
Have you phoned ncma / pacey for advice? Also do you have a local development officer? if not find the early years team of your council and get on to someone there.
Make sure your paperwork is 100% up to date.
Also, ( once you'ce checked paperwork!!) get onto OFSTED and chase them up about when they're coming to see you. Don't let them leave you with no income for 6 weeks. get on the 'phone every day emphasising you need them out NOW to sort this out as it's having a very negative impact on your health and that of your childre.
Also point out that if the mindees are forced to leave whilst if you're suspended for ages, then they won't have continuity of care etc. etc.

minderjinx Thu 04-Apr-13 07:55:42

Assuming you are in England you should have a Local Authority Designated Officer who you are supposed to contact if you have an allegation made against you and who is supposed to help you deal with it correctly. I would find out who yours is and make an appointment with them urgently. If they know about this they should be able to give you some information. If not, they should be able to find out and hopefully share with you.

Hope that helps.

Jackboy Thu 04-Apr-13 12:40:36

We have spoke to l.a.d.o & been told how things work but that's it. So just waiting to still find out who else is involved.

busymum1 Mon 08-Apr-13 08:34:01

Any news?

Jackboy Mon 08-Apr-13 13:10:07

No sorry still sitting here waiting, everyone is still keeping quiet. My husband & I are still strong but we are all suffering. I can't cope anymore I'm sick, no energy, hardly eating & shaking from head to toe.

Suzycb Mon 08-Apr-13 13:25:17

Are you a member of NCMA? If not who do u have for your liability insurance? They should be able to advice u the next step or an advocate like your local childminding. If your details are on your local council website then they must have a rep who organises training etc. I live within haringey council & they have one for forums, training etc. They offer all sort of advice.
Good luck.

Jackboy Tue 09-Apr-13 13:41:12

We just found out it was my stepson that put in the accusation, they said we won't be prosecuted by the police as the statement was inconclusive & the parent is happy with their children in our care. We have to wait now for them to decide our fate.

squinker45 Tue 09-Apr-13 14:42:30

Poor you. Do you look after your stepson? Such a difficult situation. Sending positive vibes x

busymum1 Tue 09-Apr-13 16:23:54

Poor you but glad it is all unfounded hope things are all settled soon.

Jackboy Wed 10-Apr-13 16:49:06

We have had a call we have been cleared of any complains, just waiting for Ofsted to come out & we don't know how long that will be as she's on holiday. Thankyou for your support & advise xxx

busymum1 Wed 10-Apr-13 17:17:56

Oh glad to hear a positive end to your nightmare. Good luck with getting back into it all.

nannynick Wed 10-Apr-13 17:27:06

Good to hear that the end is in sight. Hope that parents who had to find alternative childcare will come back to you.

Jackboy Sat 13-Apr-13 10:46:06

Our suspension has been removed & all our parents are returning. Thankyou everyone xx

busymum1 Sat 13-Apr-13 11:11:21

Fantastic news grin

ReetPetit Sat 13-Apr-13 11:16:23

Great news! smile

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now