This topic is for discussing childcare options. If you want to advertise, please use your Local site.

Cm-So day off today and guess what im doing?

(59 Posts)
wednesdaygirl Fri 29-Mar-13 18:05:44

Been to town and bought a ipad 4 for the minded children

Just downloaded a load of apps for them and had a play on the apps grin

littlebitofthislittlebitofthat Sun 31-Mar-13 20:25:01

I bought one of my charges a magazine for £2.99 and it kept him amused for hours.

nokidshere Sun 31-Mar-13 21:14:11

LOL @ buying a magazine!

Mine have magazines, hamma beads, toys, toys and more toys, cardboard boxes, sand, water - all the usual (and some unusual) stuff and an Ipad grin

Sorry to but in ladies but my year 1 DS is delayed speech and language wise which has impacted on his reading, writing and other skills and reading this I wondered whether there were any apps you would recommend I could download for him on my iPad? Never thought to use it with him.

surfandturf Tue 02-Apr-13 16:34:36

You must be earning a fortune wednesdaygirl!!! I have 23 children at different times during the week, have 2 assistants and a cleaner and by the time I've paid my 2 assistants and the cleaner I may as well not have taken on the extra children which require me to have 2 assistants! Don't get me wrong I'm not badly off from CMing but I couldn't afford to blow almost £700 in one week! You must be raking it in!

That aside I have a cheap tablet for my own personal use and have downloaded a couple of puzzles for my EY children. They get to have a go on it maybe once a month as a treat. I agree that ICT is changing and is an important part of education but all in moderation.

Flisspaps Wed 03-Apr-13 10:03:33

23 children?!

I've only got one part timer and one ad-hoc child on my books sad I'm making less than £300 a month!

fivesacrowd Wed 03-Apr-13 18:26:07

I've got ipad and use it for checklists for outings, cleaning rotas etc. Care Insp hugely impressed that I'm "embracing technology with regards to paperwork". Dc and mindees use it very occasionally for educational games and some homework research. It's a lovely thing to have and I'm on it now. Enjoy and ignore the haters on here hoiking up there judgy pants. No doubt you work blimmin hard so deserve a treat - though maybe broadcasting on here how much you've spent wasn't your smartest move. grin

nannyof3 Fri 05-Apr-13 13:14:40

Ipad??? What ever happened to outdoor play?

perplexedpirate Fri 05-Apr-13 19:15:57

Apple bought it nannyof3.
They bought it and now nobody is allowed to both own an iPad and go outside. It's strictly an 'either/or' deal.
hmm

Jiina Sun 07-Apr-13 16:07:12

But surely there's an app for that, nannyof3? wink

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now