This topic is for discussing childcare options. If you want to advertise, please use your Local site.

Emergency Childcare - come chat with us, don't spam the board

(4 Posts)
Tanith Fri 29-Mar-13 09:03:43

You're not missing much, Trenchbull. I've been on there several years and never had a sniff of an enquiry.

where are you emergency childcare?

Trunchbull Thu 28-Mar-13 14:05:25

I couldn't register with Emergency Childcare as a childminder because I wasn't a member of NCMA, or as a nanny (I am both) because Tinies wouldn't register me, due to living slap bang in the middle of two areas - the area with the work said I was under another area and they wouldn't work together due to being separate franchises. Too many barriers for potential carers, in my opinion.

nannynick Thu 28-Mar-13 13:53:36

Emergency Childcare, your service gets discussed on here from time to time, so it would be handy if you chatted to users, rather than spamming the board.

For example, people have questions which you may like to answer, such as:

if a childminder is not a member of NCMA (not PACEY) are they able to join your service as a provider?

>We can take care of payrolling your temporary nanny
Can you explain how that works
How long is temporary? What happens once it gets past a certain time point, do the parents have to register as the employer?
If the agency is paying the nanny, who is the employer in terms of employment legislation - the agency, or the parent?
Would I be right in assuming this works in the same way as it does when doing nursery temping, the nursery contracts the agency and the agency provides staff for hours/days. The staff have a zero hour contract with the agency.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now