This topic is for discussing childcare options. If you want to advertise, please use your Local site.

How would you feel about a nanny wearing a bikini?

(41 Posts)
confusedalways Sat 23-Mar-13 23:17:39

Just that really. Would you find it inappropriate for a nanny to take the children swimming wearing a bikini rather than a swimming costume?

Gigondas Sun 24-Mar-13 06:39:11

Wouldn't bother me .I would me interested/amused to see how coped as my bikinis weren't exactly kid swim friendly as prone to ride up/undo so picking up kids, having them pull at it could mean you end up showing more than you thoughtgrin.

ravenAK Sun 24-Mar-13 07:01:43

I suppose I might be mildly concerned that you'd be too busy hoicking your bottoms out of your bottom, as it were, to notice the dc drowning each other.

Not really. Wouldn't be a problem at all.

Callthemidlife Sun 24-Mar-13 09:00:02

If it were a mothers and babies - type pool session with young babies, then yes, probably inappropriate, mostly because the other mums are still getting their own bodies back in shape and will feel miserable alongside someone in a bikini. That's not your problem of course, but a bit of empathy for the mums on such occasions would be appreciated by them.

If it were any other swimming session, then i cant see the problem.

AngiBolen Sun 24-Mar-13 09:03:15

No, no inappropriate at all!

I was in a bikini a few weeks after giving birth to DC1.

Cavorting around the holiday villa in front of the children's father might not be the best idea, though. grin

Unless it really wasn't flattering, and the nanny would look far better in a one-piece....

Victoria2002 Sun 24-Mar-13 09:26:06

I have had problems in the past caused by wearing a bikini but I still do wear a bikini with my charges. When I worked in Sydney and there was a pool at the house I worked there were comments from my bosses friends and subsequent jealousy from mb etc. I also know nannies who wear a conservative swim cossie at work but bikini in their own time. You g

Victoria2002 Sun 24-Mar-13 09:27:11

Oops... You gotta watch out for the Velcro on baby wetsuits sticking to your top and lifting it away from your boobs too!

andrea29 Sun 24-Mar-13 10:31:32

I would only wear a bikini! I hate swimming costumes. My MB wear the sexiest bikinis when she takes the kids swimming and she looks amazing.

As long as you do your job properly, it really doesn't matter what you are wearing. And I think the same about everyday clothes.

LadyHarrietdeSpook Sun 24-Mar-13 11:44:29

Oh this made me laugh.

A few years' ago (pre-financial crisis) my company organised an offsite on a Spanish island - still warm enough where consideration had to be given as to what manner of swimming costume should be packed and worn in front of colleagues. Thank FUCK I was on maternity leave.

One of the the only women MDs wore a bikini and gathered analysts around her on the beach like flies. Was judged.

LadyHarrietdeSpook Sun 24-Mar-13 11:46:26

OP my view on this is if the cozzie fits, wear it.

fraktion Sun 24-Mar-13 12:18:44

I wore one as a nanny, our nanny used to wear one (every day) and I was back in one as soon as I could go swimming after giving birth so I personally wouldn't be bothered but I can see how others might be.

Wishihadabs Sun 24-Mar-13 12:25:13

I used to wear one regularly but with older dcs. I also wore one with my own dcs.

nannynick Sun 24-Mar-13 14:31:56

I would look a bit strange wearing a bikini grin However that does not mean that other nannies would not look fine wearing one.

Ebb Sun 24-Mar-13 15:04:42

NannyNick there is always the Borat style mankini......... wink

Blondeshavemorefun Sun 24-Mar-13 17:55:24

have worn a bikini in garden of charges in paddling pool

but in public pool/beach then cossie

but thats for my modesty wink

honestly dont think my employers give a toss either way tbh

ceeveebee Mon 25-Mar-13 20:39:12

Couldn't care less - in fact my nanny has worn one on the few occasions she's taken our twins swimming with me

Unless it was a g string? grin

I wouldn't but only because I don't like bikinis myself! I wouldn't be phased by another nanny wearing one though smile

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now