This topic is for discussing childcare options. If you want to advertise, please use your Local site.

Nanny agencies North London

(13 Posts)
traintracks Sun 07-Apr-13 18:05:24

Thanks for all the advice, I went with nurturing nannies in the end and I have found someone who seems perfect - would highly recommend the agency in general and the owner, Leanne, in particular. I spoke to several agencies that seemed quite stuck up and not keen on listening to what I actually needed, Leanne stood out as being down to earth and helpful. Still need to sort out contract etc but feel that a weight has been lifted off my shoulders!

I found Little Ones atrocious - really rude and cold.
Eden Nannies are pretty bad, but funnily enough they are where I get most of my roles so maybe I shouldn't criticise too much grin the live-in consultant is now a lovely girl called Millie and she is genuinely helpful. Know what you mean about Karolina, Fruitti wink

claireb1234 Sat 30-Mar-13 17:29:54

Nurturing nannies in Muswell Hill is very good.

andrea29 Tue 26-Mar-13 14:33:16

Hampstead nannies tend to have more jobs, not just the ones advertised on their website. I don't think they update the website regularly.

traintracks Tue 26-Mar-13 09:32:42

Thanks, this is really helpful

Cathyrina Mon 25-Mar-13 15:37:34

I'm a Nanny and I'm with Eden Nannies and Little Ones London and like them both. Eden isn't THAT helpful however they explained at the interview it would be like this because I don't have all the experience they normally require (only registered me because I'm bilingual and they were looking for my native language) but Little Ones are quite helpful and have contacted me loads. I have Nanny friends who find them similar good and I have some who hate them. My boss said she's never use an agency because she can do what they do without having to pay for it and yes it's really expensive but if I was a parent I'd use a good agency.

I was thinking about Hampstead Nannies as I am now looking for a new position in Hampstead but they only seem to get new jobs in every few weeks (I check their site regularly)...?

Dencar Mon 25-Mar-13 09:54:07

Have to say, over 15years of nannying & MN work my experience with Eden has been very unhelpful. I registered with them because of several fantastic sounding positions many years ago. Contacted them few times over the years about fab sounding jobs- re registered twice face to face because they said it had been so long between contact. Never once had acall from them, was always me pushing about the job I was interested in.

It definitely was not my lack of credentials because I've never had a period where I've not had a job when I've wanted one, don't know what it is about them, they must have plenty of candidates.. One job in particular in Brussels years ago as a nanny for twins was advertised with Eden-I don't believe they even forwarded my details. I then saw it advertised through Greycoat and applied. I got the position.

I was so tempted to write Eden a very blunt note telling them they had missed out on a very big international placement fee for a nanny. Bit my tongue instead.

I've been maternity nursing 3 years now and have been working back to back since last June (which has just about killed me I might add) through two agencies. I just don't bother other with other agencies any more.

FruttiDiMadre Sun 24-Mar-13 12:48:08

Haha, at least we agree that Eden nannies are awful. grin

andrea29 Sun 24-Mar-13 10:25:19

I guess everyone has different experience with these agencies. My opinion of N London nannies is from my experience as a nanny, they just never called me about jobs, I called and emailed them regarding the jobs I was interested in and never got a reply back.

Hannah from Hampstead Nannies called me many times about jobs and she does have some really good jobs in nice areas of Hampstead.

Tinies were really nice but Eden nannies were horrible - they wouldn't even want to register me.

FruttiDiMadre Sun 24-Mar-13 07:31:36

Interesting, my experience is exactly the opposite. grin
I found Hampstead Nannies a bit rude, even registering was a struggle. Haven't heard anything from them since.
North London Nannies sent me to see quite a few families, there is a lovely lady there called Nadia - very helpful. Also Tami at Tinies and Celia at Greycoat - both are fab.
My most horrible experience was Karolina at Eden Nannies, I hope I'll never be so desperate for a job that I need to talk to her again. Brr.

traintracks Sat 23-Mar-13 22:24:32

Thank you. Is your opinion of N London nannies from your experiences as a nanny, or what you have heard from employers, or both?

andrea29 Fri 22-Mar-13 13:38:56

Hi, I would recommend Tinies and Hampstead nannies. They were interested in finding me a job and received a lot of phone calls from them, especially Hampstead nannies. AVOID North London Nannies - if you register with them, you will never hear from them again. Waste of time.

Good luck with your job search.

traintracks Fri 22-Mar-13 08:43:12

Any recommendations/ cautions ? I've looked at websites for Tinies and North London Nannies, both look good but it is always difficult to know how good they will be at finding someone. I have advertised on some websites but am finding I'm just getting a sea of unsuitable replies from people who clearly haven't read the ad and are just sending their CV everywhere.
Thanks in advance

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now