This topic is for discussing childcare options. If you want to advertise, please use your Local site.

nannying and taking my DD

(10 Posts)
fraktion Wed 20-Mar-13 22:12:30

Just advertise yourself as a nanny with own child. Lots of ads will also say 'own child welcome'.

lysteddy Wed 20-Mar-13 15:46:40

Bump

lysteddy Wed 20-Mar-13 15:00:36

Hi All

Thanks for all your replies.

NoRoomForMeInMyBed- I have PM'd you.

Gigondas- If DD was ill i would be able to leave her with family so that wouldn't be a problem and at the moment i don't do the school run.

Could any one help me with approaching potential families with this, how would i ask them? I don't know how to say "could i bring my DD with me?" without sounding very un professional : )

Gigondas Sun 17-Mar-13 07:53:23

Agree with all cathpip and nanny Victoria say as would definitely consider this when my kids were older. The issue you would need to convince parents on is a bout balancing your kids needs and theirs (what if your dc is ill, how would you balance activities for your kids and there, what to do about equipment m how would you manage a school or nursery run if your dc at different school).

The pay rate would be less ( I know there are rare occasions when it int but this tends to be in people keeping an existing job) as most employers would not pay same as for sole charge as they are effectively getting a nanny share.

SavoyCabbage Sun 17-Mar-13 07:48:12

It might be less of an issue if you were a childminder.

If not, maybe look at nanny share jobs.

Victoria2002 Sun 17-Mar-13 07:44:41

I do this and I know 2 other nannies who do too (one who is experienced but not qualified). It's easier of course if you can keep a job and have a maternity leave (I also returned when my son was 12 weeks), easier because you don't have to 'sell' the idea to an employer who has their mind set on a ''normal' nanny. I would look for a family hoping to find a nanny share or childminder, though you will be earning 50-30% less probably. Good luck, I love bringing ds to work-the day goes much faster and my charge and my baby entertain each other so well.

lysteddy Fri 15-Mar-13 21:55:51

Hi thanks for getting back to me

NoRoom I am in London

Cathpip I would not mind looking after older children, its great that you have been with your family for 8 years. Can I ask if you are qualified?

NoRoomForMeInMyBed Fri 15-Mar-13 21:44:47

Lysteddy, may I ask where you are based?

cathpip Fri 15-Mar-13 21:40:20

I am a nanny and have been with the same family now for 8 years. After 4 years i had a ds and did return to work when he was 12 weeks old for 3.5 days a week, it is possible but parents would probably be happier if their children were older, (mine were 6 and 8). I now have a dd aswell and we do a couple of days a week in the holidays, the children are 10 and 12, mine are 4 and 2. It works for me, but then it is now very much on a casual basis and that my charges are very much self sufficent but still need an adult present. So yes it is possible, i just went to a nanny agency.

lysteddy Fri 15-Mar-13 21:25:25

Hi

Just wanted to know if you think i would be able to do this.

I have been a nanny in the past, looked after a new born and 2 year old twins (different families) but i am not qualified. ( I did have a valid first aid certificate). I also do baby sitting.

I now am a mum myself (I have a 8 month old DD) and would like to nanny again, but would like to bring my DD with me.

Do you think this would be possible and if so where could i find parents who wouldnt mind this?

I have looked on websites such as Gumtree and childcare.co.uk but havent seen anyone who wouldnt mind if a nanny brought their own DD.

So would you mind this and where can i search?

Thanks x

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now