This topic is for discussing childcare options. If you want to advertise, please use your Local site.

Sickness and Diarrhoea, what to do?

(10 Posts)
dikkertjedap Sat 16-Mar-13 13:24:13

That is so annoying, whilst working in the UK, we regularly had kids with sick on their uniform/coat pushed through the doors with parent doing a runner. Our office tried to contact parents straight away but surprise surprise no answer, no response to messages shock.

Hopefully, in your case, this was just a one off.

Crazycake Fri 15-Mar-13 08:01:34

She was extremely apologetic. She gave the excuse that she had no holidays left and has already used all her dependency leave. Her DS is ill quite often but she keeps him at home for the slightest sniffle usually, despite me saying I was more than happy to have him. I don't think some parents realise how contagious D&V really is.

noblegiraffe Fri 15-Mar-13 07:35:56

Oh no! Good on you for giving her a warning. Was she suitably apologetic?

Crazycake Fri 15-Mar-13 07:21:26

She said "oh no that was last Tuesday!"shock I'm fuming, I have their child Mon-Fri, I now have sick DC of my own and have had to take the day off! I re- emailed her all of my policies and gave her a written warning ie: if you knowing send your child to me with anything contagious esp D&V I will have to terminate your contract. I have also charged her for not having her son today as it was her fault I've had to take the day off. I've still lost money as I have another 3 year old and 2 before and after schoolers today, that's two family's I've had to let down sad
She's normally really good when he's ill and I don't mind if they come with colds/mild fever etc but this really has got me cross.

minderjinx Thu 14-Mar-13 22:13:34

What dis she say?

Crazycake Thu 14-Mar-13 10:10:17

Thank you for your speedy reply's, I'll ring her now.

fieldfare Thu 14-Mar-13 09:37:37

Definitely ring and ask.

HSMMaCM Thu 14-Mar-13 09:35:40

I'd ring and ask. It might be something that happened last month, but if it was last night he needs to go home.

noblegiraffe Thu 14-Mar-13 09:34:45

Even if he's fine today he's still potentially contagious and infecting you all. The policy is there for a reason.

Crazycake Thu 14-Mar-13 09:32:07

I look after a 3 year old little boy. When he came this morning he told me he couldn't wear his favourite top because it was in the washing machine covered in sick. I probed a bit more because my DD ( two and a half) often talks about the time she was being sick and that was a few months ago. The trouble is he has no concept of yesterday/ last week etc so it's difficult to get out of him when this happened. A bit later on he started talking about it again saying he'd been sick in mummy's bed and in the bath. His parents know my policy about 48 hours D&V free, wwyd? Should I ring and ask or see how he is today?

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now