This topic is for discussing childcare options. If you want to advertise, please use your Local site.

CM club: September enquiries

(8 Posts)
lechatnoir Tue 12-Mar-13 20:29:43

I'm starting to get a few enquiries for September (1 last week & 2 this week already) which is great but I've a bit torn as to whether I should be committing to anything this early. I don't want to turn away potential business only to find my current mindees all leave in the next 6 months (2 x 2 families so not inconceivable that all or half could go) but if everything stays the same I'm not sure I'll want much more work as I'm nicely full without being mega stressful. what do you all do about far off enquiries - agree & hope it all works out or tell them to come back in a few months (& risk them going elsewhere?)
LCN

littlebitofthislittlebitofthat Tue 12-Mar-13 20:31:54

i have lost 50% of my business since christmas! and I was turning people away! can you not commit to one or two, and see what happens?

When with the oldest of the four go to school, how are you sucession planning?

lechatnoir Tue 12-Mar-13 20:47:01

All mine are quite young still so a good year or more before pre-school let alone primary BUT it only takes redundancy, pregnancy, divorce etc etc & it can all change. I think you're right I do have to at least try & have one or 2 days covered in case I lose either family it all just seems do far away (although appreciate parents will want things confirmed ASAP) .

ZuleikaD Wed 13-Mar-13 07:28:54

I've had enquiries for September too, but so far none that I can/ would want to take on. If I found a good fit with a family I would commit myself at this point.

HSMMaCM Wed 13-Mar-13 07:33:50

I have signed one child up for September and I have one on my waiting list (in case someone leaves).

minderjinx Wed 13-Mar-13 08:17:19

I have children starting school in September but don't yet know which schools, so don't know if they will still be with me before and after. I am getting enquiries for September and beyond but don't know if I will have vacancies, so eagerly awaiting the school allocations this month.

mindingalongtime Wed 13-Mar-13 10:02:43

LIke HSMM I have one signed up for September, one on a waiting list for a possible space - dependent on a house move and an appointment for a January space at the weekend.

There are lots of enquiries for September at the moment, it is strange how it comes in cycles, I seem to have Jan April and Sept regularly.

I always see the family if they sound right for me, to be sure that they are right for my setting too. It's good to have a choice!

lechatnoir Wed 13-Mar-13 14:25:30

I've been in touch with one that would fit well with my current mindees & she's coming for a chat next week so thank you & fingers crossed grin

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now