This topic is for discussing childcare options. If you want to advertise, please use your Local site.

ZOMBIE THREAD ALERT: This thread hasn't been posted on for a while.

Nanny holiday timing and new baby -HELP

(58 Posts)
blondecat Tue 12-Mar-13 07:28:48

I have a DD aged 2 y 3 m and a nanny. A new baby is arriving mid Summer (31 July)

Obviously the nanny needs a holiday and she wants it in the summer holidays so she can see her family

We have a maternity nurse booked for the baby and a summer nanny, who is her daughter and who already helped for 3 weeks last year will be joining us - the question is when?

The nanny would prefer time off in August. I am not sure if DD would not be more confused by that - she likely forgot the summer nanny and will be alone with her for 6 days when I am in hospital.
On the other hand the summer nanny can drive and swim and works much harder.

ZuleikaD Wed 13-Mar-13 16:29:22

Who has their year end or AGM in the first week of August??

LadyHarrietdeSpook Wed 13-Mar-13 16:32:40

(LHdeSp starting to get really really stressed by this thread and is about to start shouting...)

A company's financial year end is not always in December!!!!!!!

(why am I engaging, why am I engaging with this thread...?)

ZuleikaD Wed 13-Mar-13 17:00:57

In any case it's entirely moot because none of us has any idea what the OP's husband does, it's just that some are more inclined to make excuses for him!

LadyHarrietdeSpook Wed 13-Mar-13 17:17:05

Exactly. None of us has any idea what he does.

LadyHarrietdeSpook Wed 13-Mar-13 17:19:28

Nice name by the way, Zulieka Dobson from the book is it?

ZuleikaD Wed 13-Mar-13 17:54:15

Yes, I happened to have been reading it when I was signing up here and it was the first name that came to mind!

LadyHarrietdeSpook Wed 13-Mar-13 17:55:41

Hijack: it was on my name list for DD2. Was told no. But really like the name.

MGMidget Thu 14-Mar-13 09:51:51

I can think of many work situations where someone well paid in a senior position would be told holiday was not allowed at certain times owing to business priorities. In fact, even in not so well paid jobs it happens. The OP and husband can afford a maternity nurse and nanny so they have professional support at this tricky time. Not unreasonable for Op to ask for advice and some comments are veering off track and not helpful. OP I think late August would work for the nanny's holiday so that your DD has the reassurance of a familiar face when you are in hospital and in the aftermath when you come home. The fact that the maternity nurse and summer nanny are mother and daughter hopefully means they will be a strong team if working alongside one another so having the summer nanny arrive whilst the maternity nurse is still there could work very well.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now