Note: Please bear in mind that this is a discussion board, not a place to advertise childcare vacancies or recruit childminders/nannies etc. We don't mind the odd mumsnet regular mentioning that they're looking for a job/mindee (although you're probably better off in MN Local) but repeated job "ads" and posts from nanny/babysitting agencies aren't fair to people who are paying for small business ads. Do feel free to report any you see. Thanks, MNHQ.

Ofsted will be coming to visit soon: What are they keen on these days?

(4 Posts)
Ofstedarecomingsoon Wed 06-Mar-13 21:03:37

The biggest downfall of an Ofsted inspection is how different inspectors are hot on different things.

Apparently they are keen on characteristics of effective learning in my area, I had to get out the framework and look it up today!

Are there any other current trends at the moment does anyone know? Thanks.

lechatnoir Wed 06-Mar-13 21:39:38

My friend has just had one & 2 hot topics were working in partnership (thing I can think of: letters from parents, completed questionnaires, evidence of working with nursery/school, copies of emails/newsletters etc) and safeguarding - she quizzed her about signs of neglect, who to report to in the area etc and also looked at her complaints records, accident & incident folder, medication records etc
HTH

Ofstedarecomingsoon Wed 06-Mar-13 22:42:49

fab thanks so much, I will refresh my memory!

mindingalongtime Thu 07-Mar-13 18:14:59

I had an Ofsted inspector do some training for a group of colleagues recently.

Less emphasis on paperwork and more about observing you with the children, seeing that you know your children, where they are at and where you are planning to take them. It can be talked about, it doesn't have to be written down, just as long as you can talk knowledgeably about the children in your care.

Download the inspectors guide, read it and check your setting against it, as that is what they will do.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now