Note: Please bear in mind that this is a discussion board, not a place to advertise childcare vacancies or recruit childminders/nannies etc. We don't mind the odd mumsnet regular mentioning that they're looking for a job/mindee (although you're probably better off in MN Local) but repeated job "ads" and posts from nanny/babysitting agencies aren't fair to people who are paying for small business ads. Do feel free to report any you see. Thanks, MNHQ.

Help nanny agencies.

(5 Posts)
fraktion Sun 03-Mar-13 21:47:27

There are other sites - nannyjob, netmums local, Gumtree etc.

I may just be the demand isn't there.

k8thegr8 Sun 03-Mar-13 19:56:41

Thanks, I've had little postcards made on vista print, put them in local villages, notice boards soft plays, shops etc

1 or 2 people did enquire but nothing came of it.

Nick: I've applied for that job before and never heard anything back.

That's another thing no one seems to reply after applying.

nannynick Sun 03-Mar-13 19:30:15

London based agencies may have jobs in your area,
Live-In Nanny Cumbria - not your ideal job but was the first I located. There may not be many though and may be live-in.

nannynick Sun 03-Mar-13 19:17:57

In some areas there is not enough demand for an agency to base itself in the area. Look further afield, perhaps even as far as Liverpool, Manchester... are there any agencies there.

Look in local magazines, see which agencies advertise. Think like a parent looking for a nanny, where would you start looking, local shops that offer advertising, local newspapers, local publications... such as Families, ABC, if those are in your area, local soft play with a noticeboard.

k8thegr8 Sun 03-Mar-13 17:54:24

Hi, I live in Cumbria (Carlisle), just wondered if anybody could help me.

I work for a family know who I've been with 3 years. The children have all grew up know, and I'm no longer doing childcare as such, I do after school hours, this can be anything from 3-6 4 days a week, I'm cooking tea and getting them ready for bed during this time, or I go in a few hours early and cook and clean. This s no longer enough for me, and I'd like to start again with a new family, with young children again.

I've been looking for a while now, for nanny agencies in cumbria for jobs, I can't find any?

The only thing I can find is childcare.co.uk and it seems people join up and never reply to messages or come back, and as I'm paying to use it, it makes me bit miffed!!

Thanks for reading.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now