This topic is for discussing childcare options. If you want to advertise, please use your Local site.

Is this age range manageable?

(8 Posts)
nogginsmum Sat 09-Mar-13 19:20:46

It all depends on if you think its for you. We can all yes its do-able, but we are all different! I have cared for many age combinations over the years, and your little trio sounds perfectly manageable to me. But I'm just coming out the other side of having a 12m, 15m and 16m olds!! (not for the first time either!!) they are all around 2 now and life is easy in comparison! It's a very personal thing and depends on your own temperament too-if you get stressed easily then maybe 2 very small ones is not for you, but if you are more laid back then you'll cope just fine. I love a challenge, and hate to be bored, so I prefer to be busy!!

mamamaisie Mon 04-Mar-13 10:30:40

I think that is perfectly manageable too. I have looked after three children aged 8 months, 19 moths and 21 months before and it was hard work but I was still able to get out and about every day. The 3.5 year old should be walking well by now so you wouldn't even need to struggle with a triple buggy. grin

ZuleikaD Mon 04-Mar-13 07:21:13

I've done this sort of range - when my own two were 6m and 2.5 I had an 18 month old mindee as well. It was completely fine, but you may need to think about the logistics of transporting them if you go to toddler groups etc. I had a backpack for the baby and put the other two in the buggy. Hard work but do-able. The advantage is that they still all have naps at this age so you get a bit of a break midday!

lechatnoir Sat 02-Mar-13 07:58:15

I think that sounds fine too but it does depend on personalities. One day I have a 3.5, 11 mths & 13mths and it is quite tough as both younger ones are v. clingy, neither want to be put down or walk so little things like moving from car to house become a military exercise & if one cries the other starts which is always funshock. But on another day I have the same 13mth & 3.5yrs plus a just turned 2 yr old and the mix works really well.

OutragedFromLeeds Sat 02-Mar-13 00:49:55

If it's 3.5 years, 18 months and 10 months then I think it would be completely fine. Hard work, but completely doable. Will the 3.5 year old go to school in Spetember?

whattodonow1 Fri 01-Mar-13 23:35:13

It would be 2 days. I'm convincing myself with limitations it should be fine.

LingDiLong Fri 01-Mar-13 23:25:12

I would say that really, really depends on the temperaments of the children, how many days you'd have them for and on how many other things you have to fit in, like school runs etc.

I have a 2.5 year old and two 18 month olds a couple of days a week and it's fine when we're at home/in the garden or at playgroup. It does impact where we can go outside of that though i.e. a park where you need to closely follow two 18 month olds at the same time is really tricky. I wouldn't want that combination of kids 5 days a week as it wouldn't be fair on anyone - especially in the school holidays when I have older children too - as days/trips out would be limited.

whattodonow1 Fri 01-Mar-13 23:15:52

Hi I know it's within the allowance however how manageable do you think looking after 3 children aged 3 and a half, 18 months and 10 months. Just had an enquiry which would put me in this position and wondering if its do able without being to stressful. Thanks

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now