This topic is for discussing childcare options. If you want to advertise, please use your Local site.

Taking it personally

(11 Posts)
Titchyboomboom Mon 04-Mar-13 07:05:43

Yes maybe, I didn't think of it like that

Lostonthemoors Sun 03-Mar-13 07:47:21

A nanny said what you said to me once and I thought it was lovely and very empathetic. Maybe she meant - she's still only little after all, even if she sometimes seems big!

ZuleikaD Sun 03-Mar-13 07:34:48

To me that would translate as ' Thank you for letting me know she's having a rough day, I trust you to take care of her until I can be there for her.'

Titchyboomboom Fri 01-Mar-13 22:17:21

Thanks for the replies smile I did wonder if she meant her dd was like her

Oh, and i like reading it in a slightly confused voice grin

mathanxiety Fri 01-Mar-13 20:50:44

Maybe she was like that as a child? ('She's her mother's daughter')

HSMMaCM Fri 01-Mar-13 20:48:27

Try reading her reply in different tones of voice ... angry, happy, sympathetic, etc and choose the one you like best smile

Titchyboomboom Fri 01-Mar-13 20:37:05

Thank you, just what I needed! I actually thought it sounded daft as I was typing it out ...

I think I have wrungoutandtiredafter6kidsallweek syndrome!!

Coconutty Fri 01-Mar-13 20:33:29

I don't think that you have offended her at all, probably you're knackered after her crying all day and have misread it. Texting or emails are notorious for being misconstrued.

Delete it and don't give it any more head time.

Titchyboomboom Fri 01-Mar-13 20:27:09

Ha ha ha... Ok... Said to mum that her dd was having a day when only mummy would do, and she replied 'She is my little girl after all.'

Doesn't sound like much but by text I wonder if mg text could have offended?

Was after a tearful day with her dd. Probably just knackered and reading too much into it!!

Coconutty Fri 01-Mar-13 20:15:20

Reword it or give a bit more detail, we will give her a good slagging off and you will feel much better!

Titchyboomboom Fri 01-Mar-13 20:12:07

I hate being a lone worker when I have no colleagues to bounce comments off of. I have just received an odd text from a parent (which I can't post as it would out me) and I think I have offended her. Hate it. Grrrrr

What do you all do to vent, let off steam when you can't tell anyone anything!!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now