This topic is for discussing childcare options. If you want to advertise, please use your Local site.

Nanny Hours

(3 Posts)
nannynicnic Wed 27-Feb-13 08:07:15

Dad owns his own very successful business.....

nannynick Wed 27-Feb-13 06:04:10

Your usual pay rate for the hours the children are awake would not be unreasonable in my view. Then perhaps a flat rate for say 8pm-11pm, as you are unable to go out of the house, which you would be able to do if dad was home.

However if dad does not work, you do not have a job or a place to live (as you are live in). Whilst dad is away he may not be paid all that time, he may just get his usual salary, so more pay may not be possible.

nannynicnic Tue 26-Feb-13 22:22:50

Hey,

I am a full time live-in nanny who is supposed to work 7.30 - 6 Mon - Fri. This rarely happens and I always end up babysitting! anyway, the father is going away on busy for a week and i will have the children pretty much 24/7 alone. How much should I expect to be paid for the evenings? I'm a little bit clueless, he went away for 5 days in the middle of Jan and paid me hardly anything and I felt I should be paid more so wanted to get some advice!

Thanks in Advance x

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now